Chinte Bunkai

Posted by: dogfacedboyuk1

Chinte Bunkai - 10/27/05 05:08 AM

Anyone have any good apps for techniques in Chinte? I am/was mainly studying Bassai Dai for applications but would be interested to hear of anything good/original for Chinte - which was one of my favourite kata. Cheers.
Posted by: kakushiite

Re: Chinte Bunkai - 10/29/05 08:50 PM

Try this. The first two movements are done in very rapid succession, the first against a left jab, wrapping the opponent's left with your right. The second move does the same against a right cross. Now you have both arms wrapped. Step forward left foot outside the left forward leg for the takedown.

Re: Chinte Bunkai - 10/29/05 08:53 PM

Nice one, ta very much - any more? I'm Glad somebody replied!
Posted by: Mark Hill

Re: Chinte Bunkai - 10/30/05 06:14 PM

I see that sequences as a "one handed" amplified V-lock (smae hand grab), then from a cross hand grab, a fluid motion like an s-lock, then out to the arm bar - which is the high kanku dai posture in kiba dachi.

Re: Chinte Bunkai - 11/10/05 10:51 PM

Any thoughts on the three hops at the end? The funniest app for this I have ever seen is John Van Weenan with a chain wrapped around his ankles. Nasty.
Posted by: Mark Hill

Re: Chinte Bunkai - 11/11/05 11:47 PM

There is something similar to that in empi towards the end, on the last knifehand block. I have seen it to in Sanseiryu, also towards to the end.

We practice the bunnyhops as a nasty way to augment a carotid choke where the thumb protrudes ino the neck.

Re: Chinte Bunkai - 11/12/05 05:38 PM

Thanks, that's certainly an idea to consider. Not many people seem to have any kind of sensible answer for that last move in chinte. Some people start bs'ing about it representing waves on a shore etc. Yeah right. Hello.

Thanks again Mark.