Form Study

Posted by: glad2bhere

Form Study - 08/23/05 12:43 PM

I added a new section to my website called "Form Study".

The URL is www.midwesthapkido.com.

What I am working to do is promote the Chinese connection of the Hapkido arts and while the Chinese forms that I am working to post are not incorporated in Hapkido, many of the form movements are recognizable in the Hapkido techniques.

The first contribution is the "8 Pieces of Brocade" (aka: Ba Duan Jin; Korean: Pal Dan Kum) as we perform them in the Yon Mu Kwan. Easily half of these are recognizable from their Chinese counterparts. Feel free to download or copy from the website. Also published are the curriculum for Yon Mu Kwan Hapkido and a pretty good portion of the sword curriculum as well.

Best Wishes,

Bruce
Posted by: Kintama

Re: Form Study - 08/23/05 02:31 PM

looks good, but I can only comment from a web page content/design perspective since I don't know any of the Korean forms.
I did notice you were missing some translations...this place might help you out (also will have pronounciation at a later time, if you have your sound turned on)
http://paperwindow.com/tkd/resources/vocabulary.htm

I can't verify it's accuracy. As you probably know, the sound files are likely copyright, so don't link them to your site. translations are translations, not copyprotected.
Posted by: glad2bhere

Re: Form Study - 08/23/05 04:07 PM

That was a big help, even without the sound. Thanks.

Best Wishes,

Bruce