learned my first kata

Posted by: jc4199

learned my first kata - 07/31/05 07:18 PM

Greetings,

My name is Jason I have just started Karate in the last month. I looked into tkd and a few other schools. I knew I did not want to do Karate due to learning kata. The other schools did not feel right so I thought I would just check out the Karate school. When I walked in I saw a black belt doing Kata I do not know witch one it was but man it looked powerful and graceful at the same time. Thought to my self I want to be able to do that.
I joined and just learned my first kata pinan shodan. I loved learning it and now that I know all the steps I try to do it as much as I can.
Posted by: SANCHIN31

Re: learned my first kata - 07/31/05 07:37 PM

Welcome to the forums Jason. Glad to see you enjoy kata. Keep on learning.
Posted by: McSensei

Re: learned my first kata - 07/31/05 08:59 PM

If you enjoyed learning the steps to the kata, just wait till you learn the applications.
Welcome also.
Posted by: Ogoun

Re: learned my first kata - 08/01/05 11:03 AM

Congartulations on learning your first kata. Keep on training. Good luck.
Posted by: hedkikr

Re: learned my first kata - 08/01/05 10:03 PM

Jason...

It's really good to "hear" the enthusiasm in your post. Sounds like you got into the right school. "Bunkai" is a word that I hope that you become familiar w/ within the next few months. For now, keep trying to perfect the "moves".

Karate is a life-long search for perfection. If you look @ it in this way, you'll be able to keep going, even when you feel burned-out.

Keep reading, asking & contributing to this forum. Welcome.

"Never forget the spirit of first beginnings" - Kenwa Mabuni