An introducton

Posted by: Anonymous

An introducton - 01/08/05 01:57 PM

I have tried posting this before without success. My computer skills are limited. Perhaps it will work this time.

My name is Page and I have been lurking and checking in on this forum for almost a year. Now that things are settling I would like to become a member and participate in some of the discussion.

I am a physician by profession. For the past 5 years I have been practicing Emergency Medicine and Primary Care in remote and underserved areas. I have amassed a wealth of wonderful stories and many wonderful friends from all over the world.

As a child I dabbled in the martial arts, while moving from place to place. Kaju Kenpo, judo, boxing, aikido; all studied with intensity however the durations were very short.

In 1990 I had the excellent fortune of meeting my current teacher, mentor and friend. For going on 15 years now, I have been trying to learn the true spirit of Matsumura Seito.

I was elated to find some Matsumura Seito practitioners on this forum and I look forward to a meaningful exchange. Having said that, I am fully aware that there are other talented practitioners of other valuable arts here. I have gained extremely valuable insights from many on this forum: Victor Smith, Multiverse(strongly Seito), Wado Woman, Sensei Lou, Mr. V, Raul Perez, Jkogas, JohnL and many others. You all reflect various aspects of my own teacher.

I look forward to sharing ideas with all of you both publically and privately.

Wishing all of you well,

C. Page MD, MPH

P.S. A few of my staff remind me that I have been remis in not mentioning their adoration for Oldman, and the formation of the International Oldman Fan Club- 3rd World Chapter. We print out and hang many of his drawings.

Re: An introducton - 01/08/05 02:47 PM

BuDoc,
Welcome. I'll look forward to your contributions. Sorry to hear about the Staff.
It's so hard to find good help these days. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

oldman
Posted by: still wadowoman

Re: An introducton - 01/08/05 03:01 PM

Hi BuDoc,

Welcome to the forums. Great to have aother experienced martial artist here, especially one with superb taste in cartoons. I look forward to reading your views and learning from you.

[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] @ oldman's sympathy for you regarding your staff.
Sharon
Posted by: Raul Perez

Re: An introducton - 01/08/05 07:42 PM

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to your contributions as well as hearing some of your stories.

Kind regards,

Raul

PS

I'm from Oldman Chapter VII!!!!

[This message has been edited by Raul Perez (edited 01-08-2005).]

Re: An introducton - 01/09/05 10:04 AM

Sharon, Raul :

Thanks for your warm welcome. I have reviewed some previous posting done by both of you and have found it to be very insightful and pleasant, often in the face of belligerance from others.

Oldman: What can I say? The staff may not have great taste, but they work really cheap!! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Thanks for all that you do.

Page