How to scare off newbies

Posted by: iaibear

How to scare off newbies - 07/28/13 11:59 AM

The following two posts both make sense. But taken together they are enough to turn any newbie off. Then view the third
When I first came on the forum "they" thought I was a troll. I am glad I stayed, even after that "welcome".
Item #1
Newbies: Ask ANY question about martial arts
Zombie Zero
Compliance & Liability
Veteran

Loc: Lorton, VA
Most people who have never stepped into a martial arts class - but want to give it a try - have several questions in mind that they may be afraid to ask, because they don't want to look foolish.

Well, the only foolish question is the one you don't ask.

This thread is for all those questions you have about MA. Rest assured that they will be answered in a frank and respectful manner. Everybody was a beginner at some point.

Maybe you want advice about what 'style' to train in. Or maybe you want to know what kind of shape you need to be in. Perhaps there was some lingo you heard that you'd like explained in simple terms.

This is the place for all those questions you want answers to, but (until now) were afraid to ask.

We're here to help.
Item #2
NEW USERS TAKE NOTE
Zombie Zero
Compliance & Liability
Veteran

Loc: Lorton, VA
Hello. This is your friendly neighborhood Admin guy letting you know of some changes I've made to the forums. These changes were made as an effort to reduce the amount of spam posts that have been made recently.

Starting now, new users will have to pass a CAPTCHA challenge on their first few posts.

Also, your first few posts will not show up right away. They will be sent to a queue until one of our Moderators can check them out for approval.

Once we figure out you're a legitimate user, and not a degenerate spammer, you will be added to the regular Users group, and will no longer have to pass CAPTCHA or the moderation queue.

Thank you for your time, and welcome aboard!

Zombie Zero
Item #3
Welcome iaibear. [Log out] ↓ FightingArts.com Home Page
Forum List My Stuff Calendar Active Topics Search FAQ
UBB Message
You may not make replies to announcements.

sigh

Please click back to return to the previous page.