Rick Tucci: A True JKD Master

Posted by: mattnumrich

Rick Tucci: A True JKD Master - 07/17/13 10:58 AM

A true master. When taking notes for this commentary, I was mostly drawn to the topic of his standards, both for himself and his instructors and students. In today’s day and age, of weekend certifications, hearing an instructor who stresses quality and quantity over a pre-paid weekend was refreshing.

Read the full article from this site: http://www.jkdblog.com/637/#
Posted by: cxt

Re: Rick Tucci: A True JKD Master - 07/17/13 09:11 PM

mattnumrich

Wow! Thanks dude for posting the link to a self-serving marketing piece without a shred of actual proof that ANY of the things you claim are actually true.

I would ask exactly how you define "true master?" What exactly his "standards" actually are--in specific?

I could go on but since your point is to seemingly drive hits to the blog/website instead of actually having a conversation there is really not much point.

Everyone here has a teacher--and we all could write such "articles" but you might notice that few of us do.

If I'm wrong then I would be happy to discuss my mistakes and offer a full apology.
Posted by: Dobbersky

Re: Rick Tucci: A True JKD Master - 07/19/13 12:20 PM

I have a question, Is it his JKD or is its Bruce Lee's JKD as Sifu Bruce always stated that his JKD would be different to others JKD due to size speed styles practiced etc.

I'm Ashihara Karate but my Ashihara Karate is not like Ashihara Kancho's Karate so this is my point and similar to what "CXT" is asking