Something a little different.

Posted by: Chen Zen

Something a little different. - 04/09/12 12:58 AM

I was wondering what kind of technques you gus may use that you feel is unique to your style of fighting. For exaple, Ive recntly taken to hammer fisting the short rib or temple in boxing. Works quiet well, after some practice. How about you guys?
Posted by: iaibear

Re: Something a little different. - 04/09/12 09:46 AM

Unless you are very fast, aren't you telegraphing?
Posted by: Chen Zen

Re: Something a little different. - 04/09/12 08:35 PM

Picture it after a slip to the outside, striking from inside outward, similar to a backfist. It takes some practice, but it really digs the ribs. I wouldnt necessarily try it against Anderson Silva and certainl not from a square and fontward position. Its only something that works if you are able o slip the opponents strike, which likely means you are faster than he is.
Posted by: Ives

Re: Something a little different. - 04/11/12 05:24 AM

Although I am rather tall at 6'1" compared to most of my sparring partners, I like to get in close. Because I am a fan of elbows and knees.
Also a bit different from most in our school I'm a fan of the grappling aspects of karate.
Posted by: Ironfoot

Re: Something a little different. - 04/11/12 10:32 AM

I prefer the hammer fist to a back fist, and use it after a block to the inside of an opponent's punch. That hand is halfway to my target of his carotid artery, anyway.