Favorite Tough-Guy Quotes?

Posted by: JMWcorwin

Favorite Tough-Guy Quotes? - 07/22/10 02:30 PM

Hi Everyone,
I was talking with a training partner last night about this and thought it might make a good thread. (hopefully it hasn't already been done. If so, I apologize.)
So, let's hear your favorite de-escalation or even fight starting/ending quotes, real life or fictional... it's all good.

I'll start with this one I heard from my first instructor in a bar:

"Look man, I don't want to hurt you, and you don't want to be hurt. So, how about you just walk away and call it a night?"

And the guy walked away! Maybe he misunderstood what was said, but I think otherwise. My friend is a seasoned fighter who has always just loved to fight. He is the nicest, most laid back guy, looks like a surfer or somehting. But, he has a way about him that's hard to describe. I sent my supervisor to the school once to see about enrolling his son. After, he told me, "He is a really nice guy, always smiling. But, something about him also seems like he'd just kill you if he wanted to." It's just confidence, I guess.

My favorite fictional quote?
"Taylor: "500? 500 fights, that's the number I figured when I was a kid. 500 street fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate tough guy. You need them for experience. To develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then, after, you realize that's what you are. You learn a lot of things on the way to 500...none more important than this.." <headbutt> and the a$$ whoopin' ensues. Vin Diesel grin

Ok, let's hear yours. Short and sweet or a little bit longer. Once again, it's all good.
Posted by: Prizewriter

Re: Favorite Tough-Guy Quotes? - 07/22/10 04:53 PM

Entirely fictional buttt:

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum"

Rowdy Roddy in "They Live"
Posted by: VDJ

Re: Favorite Tough-Guy Quotes? - 07/22/10 05:30 PM

"Boards don't hit back"

Bruce Lee: Enter the Dragon

"Well PUNK!? Do ya Feel lucky"

Clint Eastwood: Dirty Harry

and of course

"Go ahead, Make my day"

Clint Eastwood: Sudden Impact (Dirty Harry sequel)
Posted by: Mark Jordan

Re: Favorite Tough-Guy Quotes? - 07/22/10 07:45 PM

"If you try to stop me you're going to end up in an alley somewhere with the cats licking you." (Victor Mature) in "Gambling House"

"You're the disease. I'm the cure." (Sylvester Stallone) in "Cobra"

"If you come back in here, I'm going to hit you with so many rights, you're going to beg for a left." (Chuck Norris) in Invasion, USA.

Re: Favorite Tough-Guy Quotes? - 07/22/10 09:13 PM

Here's one that's going to date me (not like the Dirty Harry quote doesn't , but that flick still gets airplay on TV enough).

"I'm going to take my right foot here (tapping right leg) and I'm going to kick you on this side of your face here (tapping opponents right cheek), and there's not a Damn thing your going to be able to do about it!"

Tom Loughlin: Billy Jack

VDJ
Posted by: iaibear

Re: Favorite Tough-Guy Quotes? - 07/23/10 11:01 AM

Scotty won shortly after saying, "It's green."
Posted by: bcihak

Re: Favorite Tough-Guy Quotes? - 07/23/10 12:06 PM

Mr. Gorbachov, tear down this wall.

Ronald Reagan
Posted by: JMWcorwin

Re: Favorite Tough-Guy Quotes? - 07/23/10 01:21 PM

It my date both of us VDJ, but I believe the quote was,

"I'm going to take my right foot here (tapping right leg) and I'm going to WHOP you on that side of your face (points at Boss man's left cheek), and there's not a Damn thing your going to be able to do about it!"
-followed by one nicely placed right leg outside kick, or inside-out crescent, or however your school chose to name that kick in English, that lays the boss man out flat. (courtesy of Bong Soo Han)

Just being picky. I just watched it. wink And, being a Hapkido guy and movie freak, I've got it pretty much committed to memory. Plus the whole idea of telling someone you're going to "whop them", adds to the whole time frame issue. grin

But, great one, it didn't even cross my mind when I started this. But, then I was also looking for real life stories more than movie... they're all good though.
Posted by: bcihak

Re: Favorite Tough-Guy Quotes? - 07/23/10 02:51 PM

Hit Girl from kickass when the crushed car, with the mob thug still in it comes out of the machine and she says, "What a d******." It was a pretty funny moment.

Re: Favorite Tough-Guy Quotes? - 07/23/10 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By: JMWcorwin
It my date both of us VDJ, but I believe the quote was,

"I'm going to take my right foot here (tapping right leg) and I'm going to WHOP you on that side of your face (points at Boss man's left cheek), and there's not a Damn thing your going to be able to do about it!"
-followed by one nicely placed right leg outside kick, or inside-out crescent, or however your school chose to name that kick in English, that lays the boss man out flat. (courtesy of Bong Soo Han)

Just being picky. I just watched it. wink And, being a Hapkido guy and movie freak, I've got it pretty much committed to memory. Plus the whole idea of telling someone you're going to "whop them", adds to the whole time frame issue. grin

But, great one, it didn't even cross my mind when I started this. But, then I was also looking for real life stories more than movie... they're all good though.

"Whop" maybe correct but he IS hitting the guys RIGHT cheek as they are FACING each other. If he said left side in the film then they messed up the verbage.
Posted by: TheCrab

Re: Favorite Tough-Guy Quotes? - 07/23/10 05:42 PM

"gee bro you been hitting those weights eh? what you dont lag am I right?"

- Jake the muss, once were warriors. Scariest Actor ever
Posted by: Stormdragon

Re: Favorite Tough-Guy Quotes? - 08/02/10 05:31 AM

"Who said that? WHO THE F*** SAID THAT?! WHOS THE SLIMEY LITTLE TWINKLE TOED C***SUCKER DOWN HE JUST SIGNED HIS OWN DEATH WARRANT? NOBODY HUH? THE FAIRY F***ING GODMOTHER SAID IT! ILL PT YOU ALL, ILL PT YOU TILL YOUR ASSES ARE SUCING BUTTER MILK!"
-R L Ermey in Full Metal Jack.

"You're one ugly mother fu***er." Arnie in Pradator.