Self defense?

Posted by: JoelM

Self defense? - 03/05/10 09:10 AM

The fight starts at 1:35, the altercation starts before the video begins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQJFv9SMSMQ

Bring the amberlamps.

Thoughts?
Posted by: Cord

Re: Self defense? - 03/05/10 06:06 PM

Its stuff like this that keeps me smiling grin

Posturing and attitude meets mean old b4stard, and finds out that shades and cornrows are no substitute for nice heavy straight punches. cool
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Self defense? - 03/05/10 10:18 PM

Pretty much my thoughts, too. Old man did a great job, moved away to avoid the situation. Ran his mouth some, but I really can't fault him for that. I think the level of his counterattack was appropriate (and deserved) as well. He then left the area.

Bite off more than you can chew and you might end up with a mouthful of blood.
Posted by: duanew

Re: Self defense? - 03/06/10 07:00 AM

I would suggest not wearing t-shirts declaring things like that. Guarantee if it did go to court with either one of them being charged it will be brought up and not in a positive way.

Duane
Posted by: iaibear

Re: Self defense? - 03/06/10 09:29 AM

Would have liked to have watched it. "They" said "iaibear" is not an available name. sigh
Posted by: Prizewriter

Re: Self defense? - 03/06/10 02:17 PM

Here is another clip (I think!!??):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM_YmUjwBck

Here is an interview with the chap in the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf8ZDs-D8Ys&feature=fvw

Lot of swearing on both clips BTW.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Self defense? - 03/06/10 04:51 PM

Idiot got what he deserved.
Posted by: JMWcorwin

Re: Self defense? - 03/08/10 02:57 PM

Hahh, I used to ride that same bus in Oak. from time to time. Too funny.

These idiots are the rule and not the exception at certain times of day and in certain areas, unfortunately. Though I never saw an actual fight break out.
Posted by: Landus

Re: Self defense? - 03/30/10 12:16 PM

I don't know what was going on but the younger guy shouldn't have targeted a 67 year old..

AND

what was with the younger guy cowering on the floor? was that the shock of the first punch or something? or some kind of absolutely submission. He barked like a dog, but never bit..

do you think this was a case of all mouth and when something happens, they're not willing to continue, or just some sort of shock, immobilsing him?
Posted by: Landus

Re: Self defense? - 03/30/10 12:19 PM

haha i must add how awesome it is to see someone that is full of attitude get punched in the face (it was such a beautiful smashing punch). On a sadder note, it's a shame the world is like this. That was awesome though and totally deserved

Re: Self defense? - 03/30/10 02:02 PM

it had nothing to do with shock, he got a beat down!! smile 67 years old that guy may be, but he is a big powerful guy, and it transpires after all the internet hype that he is a 'nam vet, so pretty safe to say he had fought tougher guys wink

This was a guy who chose hs actions based on misconceptions that became apparent to him through consequence.
Posted by: Raul Perez

Re: Self defense? - 03/30/10 10:39 PM

There's other videos where a local radio show interviewed them both. Interesting to see both sides of the story.

Tom (the white guy) seemed to recap everything fairly accurate that you can see on the film. Of course we dont know what happened before the film started. It seems plausible that Tom actually started the argument by asking the other guy (Mike) how much to shine his shoes. But there were words before it so Mike may have butted in a conversation Tom was having.

Mike being interviewed had a complete 180 presence. Articulate and very submissive on the radio. He claimed he was drunk and doesnt act like that in public. If you look at his mannerism in the film that seems plausible as well as he was slurring his speech a bit.

In any case Tom was forced to defend himself as he did walk away but wasnt backing down to the words Mike was saying which lead Mike to become more confrontational and try to assault Tom. Well we all know how that turned out.

In summation:

Sucks to be you Mike.
Posted by: TeK9

Re: Self defense? - 03/31/10 01:47 AM

LoL this whole thing was stupid. The black guy should have minded his own business On a different interview he admits that he was drunk and that he normally does not act like that. It turns out that the so called young guy is really 50 yrs. old himself. He went on to apologize for everything he said and the way he acted.

My opinion he got what he deserved. Although arguing doesn't always lead to fighting. The white guy got up and moved to the front of the bus despite the fact that he was originally sitting in the back before the black guy.

It was stupid of the black guy to walk up let alone try and slap the white guy. To me this was self defense. And that loud mouth girl who was filming this was just a perfect example of the stupid loud mouth disrespectful kids who sit at the back of the bus in the Bay Area public transportation system.

I had to ride the AC transit bus system when I was going to college. Thankfully those days are now over.

Without wanting to sound racist, but having observed several arguments and fights on the bus. There is really only one group of people who's kids cause this. And its gotten so bad that even the suburbs around the Bay Area are no longer safe.

Re: Self defense? - 03/31/10 03:59 AM

Well, bus systems in the US tend to be relied upon by lower economic classes, and its pretty evident that poverty and social issues related to poverty, are bigger factors in violent and criminal behaviour than race in and of itself.

A drunk, frustrated and angry white man is every bit as likely to cause you problems as someone of a different race in the same situation.
Posted by: JasonM

Re: Self defense? - 03/31/10 08:19 AM

I watched it a few times. I didn't really see where the black dude hit first. I mean it looks like he might have hit him in the body but not sure. It seems like the old cat had rage and went off at the slightest action from the other guy.

Re: Self defense? - 03/31/10 08:21 AM

One time on the AC Transit bus a Pimp offered me a discount rate if I wanted to have some fun with his H0e. He offered the discount because he saw me and my brother were college students. That's how $hitty these buses are.

I respectfully disagree with your comment about the drunk white man. Actually any drunk for that matter. I would bet money there is more chance that a street punk thugged out hood wannabe will cause trouble on the bus than a drunk person.

From my experience drunk guys are just irritable and only get themselves into trouble due to their drunkenness. But a thug wannabe's do it because they feel they need to prove something.

Re: Self defense? - 03/31/10 08:24 AM

JasonM watch it again. When the black guy walked up to the front of the bus he reached out to hit the guy, to me it looked like a slap.

It's funny how people think the black guy is in his 20's. People make it seem like this 65 year old man took out a young buck. But the dude is really 50 and was drunk as well.

Re: Self defense? - 03/31/10 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By: TeK9
I respectfully disagree with your comment about the drunk white man. Actually any drunk for that matter. I would bet money there is more chance that a street punk thugged out hood wannabe will cause trouble on the bus than a drunk person............

It's funny how people think the black guy is in his 20's. People make it seem like this 65 year old man took out a young buck. But the dude is really 50 and was drunk as well.

Make up your mind wink