Heavy bags and knee kicks

Posted by: OldDogNewTricks

Heavy bags and knee kicks - 01/19/08 09:44 PM

I've been building a workout gym in my garage. I've got some kettlebells, jumping station, double end bag, and a wavemaster. No speed bag because it is way to loud. You can hear it down the block.

Lots of people I've read don't like the Wavemaster because it moves around too much but that's exactly why I like it, because it does move around. It forces me to resize my distance to my next strike which I think it good.

But....

The wavemaster is good for practicing kicks to an opponents thigh,middle and head, but kind of tough for practicing knee kicks.

I'm thinking of getting one of those stand alone bags stands by Century or Everlast and getting one of those BIG, bloated bags from Ringside. Or maybe a big made for uppercuts and hang it a big low. Has anyone seen those? It seems to me that a bag that big and short would allow me to grab it and hit knee kicks high in a more realistic style?

Anyone know if this will work?
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Heavy bags and knee kicks - 01/19/08 10:41 PM

http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/s...=0#Post15977430
Posted by: kempo_jujitsu

Re: Heavy bags and knee kicks - 01/20/08 01:35 AM

i just put my heavy bag on the floor and kick it (if you're talking about kicking someones knees rather than kneeing the bag)

i didnt mind the wavemaster we had in tkd. but i popped it once and water leaked all over the place.