IFAC -International Fighting Arts Confederation

Posted by: RazorFoot

IFAC -International Fighting Arts Confederation - 08/13/07 12:09 PM

In reality, isnt this what we are? I look at a lot of the other associations out here and their aim or goal to promote a single art. They have charters and memberships with requirements and dues and all that. You have to meet certain criteria to belong and to be allowed to promote that style under that associations banner.

Well, guess what? We already have an association with no dues, no fees, no charter, and no BS. The name I threw up there could be anything but it is simply a way for me to identify the great group of people we have here, the many opportunites I have had to train with different styles, and the lack of any posturing, egos, or "our styles is better than any other" crap you have to deal with when you simply subscribe to one art your entire life.

My training experiences through this forum have been some of the best I have ever had in my life and some of the most enlightening. I have learned more about martial arts in the last three years than I have in my previous 23. I would call my time training with the members here at Fighting Arts kind of the glue that cements the concepts I have learned over the years together.

From my experiences training with Steve Schanne, Oldman, Butterfly, JohnL, Chris Caille, and others here on the forum, I have been able to identify and start to fill gaps in my knowledge that would have otherwise gone unnoticed.

We are what other martial organizations aspire to be without even being one ourselves if you think about it. We bring people together to train with a common goal and a mutual understanding that the sum total of what we bring to the table is greater than any one art or concept. As a group, we continue to make each other better martial artists through the association we have here on line and when we train together in person.

In no other group, association, or affiliation have I learned as much as I have with you guys here. I simply wanted to point that out and say thanks to all who here who have helped me to become a better martial artist.

Scottie
Posted by: MattJ

Re: IFAC -International Fighting Arts Confederation - 08/13/07 12:21 PM

Quote:

My training experiences through this forum have been some of the best I have ever had in my life and some of the most enlightening. I have learned more about martial arts in the last three years than I have in my previous 23. I would call my time training with the members here at Fighting Arts kind of the glue that cements the concepts I have learned over the years together.

Well put, Scottie! Ditto for me. Now if everyone will simply forward their dues to ME (made out to CASH), I will start handing out ranks, and we can really get this thing rolling.

Posted by: schanne

Re: IFAC -International Fighting Arts Confederation - 08/13/07 04:46 PM

Good post Scotty, The thing I like the most about our group is the "SIMPLICITY". Hope we can keep it that way even as we grow.

If you attend 4 east Coast get TogetherS don't you recieve our special BB????
Posted by: schanne

Re: IFAC -International Fighting Arts Confederation - 08/13/07 04:58 PM

Scotty if that was a hint...I like the name:

It goes futher than East Coast Get Together

IFAC -International Fighting Arts Confederation

Hey what about ...'Please Don't Hurt Me JohnL Federation" LOL
Johnny, you big bruiser !
Posted by: Stampede

Re: IFAC -International Fighting Arts Confederatio - 08/13/07 07:36 PM

. . . This forum rocks. I've been here seven years, and have not logged on one time and not come across something which I either didn't know or hadn't thought of in a certain way.

The only complaint I have is this: there's no southern US get together! Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas, etc, UNITE and GET TOGETHER!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Big_Rob

Re: IFAC -International Fighting Arts Confederatio - 08/24/07 06:50 PM

I like it but I'm not sure I like the Acronym I FAC.

Although I do enjoy FACing I don't want to anounce it to the world.
Posted by: Taison

Re: IFAC -International Fighting Arts Confederatio - 08/24/07 10:34 PM

Confederation... sounds too southern to me.

Anyway, when are we doing the Asian get together?

I'll hold it in Thailand, so lazy people like Butterflypalm can fly over here. What's the use of chi if you don't use it??

-Taison out

Re: IFAC -International Fighting Arts Confederatio - 08/25/07 09:15 AM

Quote:

I like it but I'm not sure I like the Acronym I FAC.

Although I do enjoy FACing I don't want to anounce it to the world.

Don't be shy now, Rob. We all like FACing here, don't we?

Re: IFAC -International Fighting Arts Confederatio - 08/27/07 11:30 AM

Ok, maybe IFAU? (International Fighting Arts Union). Remember, it isnt the name that is important, just the information we share as a group and the spirit of MA that we pass from one member to another. Speaking of passing. Matt, did we have burrittos again last night?

Re: IFAC -International Fighting Arts Confederatio - 08/27/07 11:41 AM

Quote:

Ok, maybe IFAU? (International Fighting Arts Union). Remember, it isnt the name that is important, just the information we share as a group and the spirit of MA that we pass from one member to another. Speaking of passing. Matt, did we have burrittos again last night?

Are you trying to imply that IFAUted?

Re: IFAC -International Fighting Arts Confederatio - 08/27/07 11:42 AM

Damn you're quick. I thought that one would go under the radar for a bit, lol.

Re: IFAC -International Fighting Arts Confederatio - 08/27/07 11:45 AM

my skillz are legund.
Posted by: BrianS

Re: IFAC -International Fighting Arts Confederatio - 08/27/07 01:37 PM

Quote:

. . . This forum rocks. I've been here seven years, and have not logged on one time and not come across something which I either didn't know or hadn't thought of in a certain way.

The only complaint I have is this: there's no southern US get together! Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas, etc, UNITE and GET TOGETHER!!!!!!!!

Ok!!! Any other takers??
Posted by: steyr_scout308

Re: IFAC -International Fighting Arts Confederatio - 09/01/07 12:47 AM

OK, speaking for the entire state of Arkansas, we're in!...carpool?

On second thought, p'raps I should make a few calls before I volunteer the entire state.

And if we could go ahead and convene the committee and draft that black-belt home study course that'd be super.

I'd like to hustle the whole process along with fewer bruises and less "aliveness". Kidding Brian!