Pressure points

Posted by: LearningFighter

Pressure points - 07/27/07 03:29 PM

I went through some of the pressure points on one of the websites posted... showing me where alot of pressure points are and the effects of them...

Now, for example one pressure point says something about breathing, what would I have to do to that particular pressur point in order to make it effective?

Punch it? Press it? What?
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Pressure points - 07/27/07 03:41 PM

Shoot it.
Posted by: Kimo2007

Re: Pressure points - 07/27/07 03:42 PM

Matts a bit salty today...
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Pressure points - 07/27/07 03:45 PM

Hey, at least I haven't used the word "idiot" yet (with all due deference to JohnL).

Re: Pressure points - 07/27/07 03:45 PM

Okay well clearly you having a bad day, I hope it wasnt cause of me!

Anyway, you must be very irritated with "beginner" questions but if you can answer me than maybe you can make my day a better one

Re: Pressure points - 07/27/07 03:59 PM

^bump
Posted by: Neko456

Re: Pressure points - 07/27/07 04:00 PM

They are really playing with you and being polite, really you can't learn Merdian training over a website. PP training is fairly advance training and without a Instructor you are wasting your time.

Learn th basic like the rest of us, then progress to fighting then advance training.

If you want to learn to fight quickly learn to box. Boxing isn't easy, you have dust your bottom off a lot to learn it but its simpler and quicker then learning Dim Mak(how to use PP to fight and heal). Boxing basic principles will help you defend and counter. Being good at it takes lots of hard work and a bring some to get some attitude.

Most MAs teach you to maim and that takes along time because you must be trusted with this information.

Re: Pressure points - 07/27/07 04:05 PM

Neko, okay I understand what you are saying..
however just as question out of interest than..
Must one strike the pressure points or how does it work?
Posted by: schanne

Re: Pressure points - 07/27/07 04:16 PM

Maybe the solar plexus is what thinking of...hit a person there and it will alter their breathing. Is that the kind of PP your refering to? A more direct approach would be a sudo strike to a person throat...that would have an effect on a person breathing rather quickly.
Posted by: JMWcorwin

Re: Pressure points - 07/27/07 04:29 PM

it's still a question that can really only be answered through qualified training. Some pp's require striking, pressing, rubbing, grinding, etc. It depends on the point itself, what you're intending to ilicit from the action, etc. ( eg: healing, hurting, stunning, maiming )

You're just not gonna get the info you want from a forum.

Sorry man
Posted by: jpoor

Re: Pressure points - 07/27/07 04:51 PM

Quote:

^bump

Wow, 14 minutes is a long time to wait to bump a topic. The patience required must have taken great inner strength.

Try reading the pressure points section on this site for a BUNCH of info on how to get started. Lots of good people there.
Posted by: Reiki

Re: Pressure points - 07/27/07 05:58 PM

Quote:

Neko, okay I understand what you are saying..
however just as question out of interest than..
Must one strike the pressure points or how does it work?

It depends on the point you are attacking.

Some are strike points, some are rub points, some have to be attacked from certain angles to be effective.

And as Neko has already said, you cant really learn this stuff here, you need to go and DO it under the guidance of an instructor.

Best then that you go on a course about PP or at least read the section on the forum that covers them.