a theory

Posted by: ugra

a theory - 07/15/07 09:23 PM

If martial arts are primarily a form of defence, i start to question their validity when compared to a single person with a disposition,a disposition most unsettling, if a person has a will to kill and bloodlust greater than any deep desire, surely no martial artist no matter how learned could hope to defeat them, the strongest of our world are the ones who will kill for fun, and treat those lesser than them as prey, a lion doesent need martial arts, it just takes down that which is lower in the food chain, same as the predators of our civillisation.
Posted by: oldman

Re: a theory - 07/15/07 09:59 PM

Ugra,
You don't have a theory, you have a run on sentence.
Posted by: Downsin

Re: a theory - 07/15/07 10:08 PM

a disposition most unsettling ???

blood lust ???

fun kills ???
Posted by: MattJ

Re: a theory - 07/15/07 10:17 PM

Most pointless thread in quite some time. Take a bow.

So we should all quit training and just wait to die on some street corner where the "lion" is certainly coming? Somebody help me.

Posted by: Downsin

Re: a theory - 07/15/07 10:21 PM

i think he saying urle get pwnted by a fighter with uber blood lust.
---
doesnt mean u cant pwn normal poeple.
Posted by: oldman

Re: a theory - 07/15/07 10:32 PM

Quote:

a disposition most unsettling ???

I think Agatha Christie wrote that one.
Posted by: Taison

Re: a theory - 07/15/07 10:54 PM

And you sir, need to learn proper English.

I don't care how you talk on World of Warcraft, if you come to these boards with the same language, then yeah, you got 2 option; adapt or the other.

To the OP;
Whatever you're smoking, quit it. Blood lust? Kill for fun? Are you a 12 year old kid or something? Do you know how much will power it takes to actually bring yourself to kill another person? Do you know how much will power it takes to even land a hard blow on someone you don't know?

My suggestion is stop getting into fights in the school yard, get educated, and downright grow up.

-Taison out
Posted by: Chatan1979

Re: a theory - 07/15/07 11:01 PM

Quote:

And you sir, need to learn proper English.

I don't care how you talk on World of Warcraft, if you come to these boards with the same language, then yeah, you got 2 option; adapt or the other.

To the OP;
Whatever you're smoking, quit it. Blood lust? Kill for fun? Are you a 12 year old kid or something? Do you know how much will power it takes to actually bring yourself to kill another person? Do you know how much will power it takes to even land a hard blow on someone you don't know?

My suggestion is stop getting into fights in the school yard, get educated, and downright grow up.

-Taison out

Carefull according to his training in another post he does 300 pressups every morning....
Posted by: BrianS

Re: a theory - 07/16/07 01:47 AM

And what arts have you trained in? Or do you just work on your bloodlust and learning to kill for fun? Our crotty is useless aaarrrggghhh!!!
Posted by: Ironfoot

Re: a theory - 07/16/07 09:05 AM

Quote:

.. the strongest of our world are the ones who will kill for fun, and treat those lesser than them as prey...

(R)ugra(t), I suggest you go to crimelibrary.com and read up on those that kill for fun. They're not strong; they're pathetic and twisted. The smartest thing you wrote was that they prey on those lesser than them. Work up a blood lust and attack a highly skilled martial artist. When (and if!) you come to, you'll have a different perspective.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: a theory - 07/16/07 09:23 AM

Quote:

(R)ugra(t)

TEE HEE!!!!
Posted by: Taison

Re: a theory - 07/16/07 10:31 AM

Quote:

Our crotty is useless aaarrrggghhh!!!

Oh my (censored) god! I won't accept that!

*Does the sanchin kata*

-Taison out
Posted by: shadowkahn

Re: a theory - 07/17/07 09:27 AM

Quote:

Do you know how much will power it takes to actually bring yourself to kill another person? Do you know how much will power it takes to even land a hard blow on someone you don't know?

But then you're presumably sane and so am I. Well. . .sorta.

Seems to me like the OP is saying if Hannibal Lechter suddenly becomes real, we're all in deep trouble.

Erm. OK. Just because there's a few psychos out there who might be able to kill me doesn't mean I shouldn't train so I can take care of myself against other, lesser-psychos. It's rather like saying "There's no point in learning how to cross the street without getting hit by a car because a meteor might fall to earth and there's no way you can dodge that."

In short. . . not a very well thought out argument.
Posted by: freedom_warrior

Re: a theory - 07/17/07 01:14 PM

very well said ironfoot!
Posted by: GriffyGriff

Re: a theory - 07/17/07 06:20 PM

Quote:

If martial arts are primarily a form of defence, i start to question their validity when compared to a single person with a disposition,a disposition most unsettling, if a person has a will to kill and bloodlust greater than any deep desire, surely no martial artist no matter how learned could hope to defeat them, the strongest of our world are the ones who will kill for fun, and treat those lesser than them as prey, a lion doesent need martial arts, it just takes down that which is lower in the food chain, same as the predators of our civillisation.

Hey Poirot!
I want to smoke some of whatever you are on.
Posted by: jpoor

Re: a theory - 07/17/07 06:27 PM

Nice poem
Posted by: GriffyGriff

Re: a theory - 07/17/07 07:02 PM

Hello Ugra (isn't that a Russian river?)
That is a valid question.
Maybe you already know the answer?
Have you tried to picture yourself in a boat on a river,
With tangerine trees and marmalade skies?
What happens if somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly,
A girl with kaleidoscope eyes?
Have you ever seen cellophane flowers of yellow and green,
Towering over your head? Look for the girl with the sun in her eyes,And she's gone.