Bujinkan and Kyshojutsu

Posted by: Madigan

Bujinkan and Kyshojutsu - 07/08/07 10:58 PM

Well, I'd like to learn both Bujinkan and Kyushojutsu, however, I'm not a huge fan of classes, so does anyone know any good books/websites that would be a good source of information for learning them.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Bujinkan and Kyshojutsu - 07/08/07 11:13 PM

Not a fan of classes? May I ask why, as video is clearly an inferior means of learning martial arts?
Posted by: Madigan

Re: Bujinkan and Kyshojutsu - 07/08/07 11:20 PM

well, I only have time really during the summer, as soon as school starts I spend most of my time doing tech at my highschool theater, then I have lacrosse in the spring, and homework. My family also takes multiple vacations so it would just be inconvienent and expensive.
Posted by: archon113

Re: Bujinkan and Kyshojutsu - 07/08/07 11:56 PM

Even though you're busy, you'll most likely find it much more beneficial to go to classes whenever you can make it, rather than just watching videos. I know there have been many occasions when I thought I was doing a technique perfectly, only to have my instructor show me what I was doing wrong. That's the sort of thing you just don't get from a book or video. Also, are you planning to train with others at all?
Posted by: Cord

Re: Bujinkan and Kyshojutsu - 07/09/07 06:02 PM

Quote:

well, I only have time really during the summer, as soon as school starts I spend most of my time doing tech at my highschool theater, then I have lacrosse in the spring, and homework. My family also takes multiple vacations so it would just be inconvienent and expensive.

then you have not got a hope of even scrathing the surface of Bujinkan. Hell, its daunting even if your only martial art, and as such, your only hobby. 9 schools covering numerous skills, all wrapped up into one lifetime of learning. A couple of video's over the summer aint going to cut it. Save your money, follow your other persuits as they are your priority and clearly make you happy; and come back to martial arts later in your life if, or when, you are willing to dedicate the necessary amount of time to learn them properly.
Posted by: oldman

Re: Bujinkan and Kyshojutsu - 07/09/07 07:45 PM

Well, I'd like to learn both Classical guitar and Tuvik Throat singing, however, I'm not a huge fan of classes, so does anyone know any good books/websites that would be a good source of information for learning them.
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: Bujinkan and Kyshojutsu - 07/09/07 08:11 PM

oldman, never heard of such a thing as 'Classical guitar'...but I did find an interesting crash-course for you in Khoomei.
http://www.busker-kibbutznik.org/khoomei/HOW-TO/crashcourse.html
Posted by: kempo_jujitsu

Re: Bujinkan and Kyshojutsu - 07/10/07 08:11 PM

oldman
qvc...you can get that piece of crap esteban guitar dirt cheap!..but its a real piece of crap. but i hear the lessons are great.( i really have heard that actually)

ed...a classical guitar is a somewhat small acoustic guitar with nylon strings. not so ironically used to play classical music such as bach or beethoven. :P however it should be noted that classical music does not neccessarily neccessitate having a classical guitar, as it can be played on any guitar for they all share the same basic makeup, and idea...much like martial arts no?
martially applicable...you bed...its a big friggin hammer...or eku maybe.
Posted by: iaibear

Re: Bujinkan and Kyshojutsu - 07/11/07 09:34 AM

Andrés Segovia (1893-1987) is considered to be the father of the modern classical guitar movement by most modern scholars.

Once upon a time.
Posted by: Zombie Zero

Re: Bujinkan and Kyshojutsu - 07/11/07 10:55 AM

Aaaaand... scene!