Me on the hit man

Posted by: baby_bwoy

Me on the hit man - 03/23/07 03:27 PM

Hey guys, well i had abit of an off day today at school so i thought to let some steam out when i got home. this is my virst vid using my hitman dummy, so any comments or criticisms are welcome, so keep them coming.

Aaron me on the hit man 5
Posted by: Zombie Zero

Re: Me on the hit man - 03/23/07 03:34 PM

Nice video, thanks for sharing!

The main thing that springs to mind is... where is your left leg?
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Me on the hit man - 03/23/07 03:48 PM

Thanks for posting that, Aaron. Good flex you have. I like the clinch work/knees you put in there, too.
Posted by: Dudley32

Re: Me on the hit man - 03/23/07 04:25 PM

One thing I noticed (which I have been getting told a lot by my coaches) is when you throw your right you should tuck your chin into your shoulder so that you do not have your chin exposed. Also don't drag your leg on your right roundhouse.

Good job, keep workin
Matt
Posted by: Xibalba

Re: Me on the hit man - 03/23/07 05:20 PM

Hi Aaron.

Nice work overall. I like the hand combos, and the flying knee was especially sweet!

It looks to me, however, that you are falling backwards after you round kick to the head of the dummy. Are you having trouble kicking that high? If so, work on lower kicks during which you can control your kick recovery and foot placement better. Falling backwards when kicking can not only result in a loss of power in your kick, but gives a nice opportunity for your opponent to rush in and take you down as well.

BTW - I've never used one of those "Hit Man" dummies. Do you like it? It looks like you were knocking it around quite a bit. How stable is it? Also, the torso seems a bit high, and there are no targets available lower than the abdomen (or so it seems) - does that work well for you?

Thanks,
Mike
Posted by: baby_bwoy

Re: Me on the hit man - 03/23/07 05:46 PM

lol. i just noticed what you ment about leaning back and its partly because my foot got stuck on his shoulders after afew kicks.lol..the hit man dummy imo is great for working accuracy because of the realism of the torso. also the swinging motion works on your timing, so your not jus hitting a near stationary target like you do with bags or wave masters.definately one of my best ma buys.
Posted by: Supremor

Re: Me on the hit man - 03/23/07 06:20 PM

Nice work baby_bwoy!

One tip, I'll give you: If you post any more videos, have a wider camera angle, it's very difficult to comment on your footwork, guard etc. with that angle.
Posted by: JohnL

Re: Me on the hit man - 03/23/07 09:23 PM

Hey BB

When the opponent doesn't have arms you're OK. When there's arms and you direct your roundhouse up at 45 degrees towards the head, all you're going to get is your shin killed with elbows.

You've got the dummy set too high for your kicks. Lower the dummy and work your roundhouse to come in at 90 degrees to the target. It'll improve the impact and avoid the elbows.
Posted by: Crash

Re: Me on the hit man - 03/23/07 11:44 PM

Not bad dude! Man I've been doing ALOT of bag work lately, I should make and post a vid like this.