whats your style?

Posted by: Anonymous

whats your style? - 08/19/04 09:06 PM

I'm new here and was wondering what styles do you guys train in? and what are your interests? just so I will have a future reference of who to ask for whatever.

I currently train in wado-kai karate, jujitsu and kickboxing, and in the future I'd like to try hapkido, cause it seems like a well rounded style.

please contribute fellas!
Posted by: still wadowoman

Re: whats your style? - 08/20/04 04:23 AM

Hi Crash and welcome,

I practice wado ryu as well as jujitsu and weapons.
Sharon
Posted by: 3SIXO

Re: whats your style? - 08/20/04 09:08 AM

YO whats up? I am currently practicing Judo

Re: whats your style? - 08/20/04 09:13 AM

Shaolin kung fu

Re: whats your style? - 08/20/04 11:30 AM

I do Goju Ryu and have trained in Shotokan.

Re: whats your style? - 08/20/04 02:46 PM

Cool, so I see there is a wide variety already.

well, please keep 'um comin'
Posted by: Isshinryukid4life

Re: whats your style? - 08/20/04 02:51 PM

I've done Judo,But my main style is ISSHINRYU. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Re: whats your style? - 08/20/04 08:28 PM

Wado Ryu, with a little Aikido while stationed in Korea.

Re: whats your style? - 08/20/04 09:02 PM

Ryukyu Kempo, Kyusho-jitsu & Modern Arnis

Re: whats your style? - 08/21/04 07:20 AM

Judo and kickboxing, trying to create non-fake professional wrestling.
Posted by: rookie

Re: whats your style? - 08/21/04 10:24 AM

Seido Karate

Re: whats your style? - 08/21/04 07:11 PM

im doing usa goju karate

Re: whats your style? - 08/21/04 11:54 PM

Some Shotokan, ninjitsu, mostly Isshinryu.

Re: whats your style? - 08/21/04 11:56 PM

Shorin Ryu karate and BJJ
Posted by: Chen Zen

Re: whats your style? - 08/22/04 01:55 AM

My own Jeet Kune do comprised of Muay Thai, Boxing, Wrestling, Wing Chun, Eagle claw and Snake and Crane kung Fu.
Posted by: Karma

Re: whats your style? - 08/22/04 06:05 AM

Morton-ryu Jujitsu

Re: whats your style? - 08/23/04 01:46 PM

i study(and am now the world biggest advocate of) muay thai kickboxing, and i also study brazilian jiu jitsu a little
Posted by: Ironfoot

Re: whats your style? - 08/23/04 01:54 PM

Style - isshinryu
Interests - hot food, cold beer & bad golf
Posted by: bjjskn

Re: whats your style? - 08/23/04 03:04 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Crash:
I'm new here and was wondering what styles do you guys train in? and what are your interests? just so I will have a future reference of who to ask for whatever.

I currently train in wado-kai karate, jujitsu and kickboxing, and in the future I'd like to try hapkido, cause it seems like a well rounded style.

[/QUOTE]

WELL LISTEN UP CUZ I WIL REALLY GIVE YOU SOME GREAT INSIGHT. I STUDY EVERYTHING. NOONE BEATS A FIGHTER WHO IS GREAT IN EVERYTHING. I DONT HAVE A STYLE. I AM A FIGHTER. I MIGHT KICK YOU IN THE HEAD AND KILL YOU WITH A TKD KICK OR PUNCH YOU WITH A BOXING OR KARAT EOF KUNG FU PUNCH AND KILL YOU. I MIGHT TAKE YOU TO THE MAT AND TAP YOU OUT. I MIGHT LET OYU HIT ME AND SADISTICALLY ENJOY IT. I MIGHT TAKE MY HUGE MUSCULAR ARMS AND GET OYU IN A HEADLOCK. I MIGHT BODY SLAM YOU LIKE I SAW ON WRESTLING. I MIGHT GET YOU IN AN AIKIDO LOCK
I MIGHT BITE YOUR EAR OFF. I MIGHT DO ANYTHING!! I MIGHT RUMBLE YOU ON THE STREETS LIKE A BRAWLER OR A STREET FIGHTER. I TRAIN IN ALL THE STYLES.
Posted by: 3SIXO

Re: whats your style? - 08/23/04 04:28 PM

A jack of all trades a master of none

Re: whats your style? - 08/23/04 04:43 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bjjskn:
WELL LISTEN UP CUZ I WIL REALLY GIVE YOU SOME GREAT INSIGHT. I STUDY EVERYTHING. NOONE BEATS A FIGHTER WHO IS GREAT IN EVERYTHING. I DONT HAVE A STYLE. I AM A FIGHTER. I MIGHT KICK YOU IN THE HEAD AND KILL YOU WITH A TKD KICK OR PUNCH YOU WITH A BOXING OR KARAT EOF KUNG FU PUNCH AND KILL YOU. I MIGHT TAKE YOU TO THE MAT AND TAP YOU OUT. I MIGHT LET OYU HIT ME AND SADISTICALLY ENJOY IT. I MIGHT TAKE MY HUGE MUSCULAR ARMS AND GET OYU IN A HEADLOCK. I MIGHT BODY SLAM YOU LIKE I SAW ON WRESTLING. I MIGHT GET YOU IN AN AIKIDO LOCK
I MIGHT BITE YOUR EAR OFF. I MIGHT DO ANYTHING!! I MIGHT RUMBLE YOU ON THE STREETS LIKE A BRAWLER OR A STREET FIGHTER. I TRAIN IN ALL THE STYLES.
[/QUOTE]
May i see your credentials? [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/cool.gif[/IMG]

Re: whats your style? - 08/23/04 07:10 PM

My style? You could call it, the art of fighting, without fighting.
Posted by: JKogas

Re: whats your style? - 08/23/04 07:38 PM

LOL @ Razwell!

You beat me to it! I was going to say the very same thing, lol

-John

Re: whats your style? - 08/23/04 08:38 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Isshinryukid4life:
[/QUOTE]
May i see your credentials? [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/cool.gif[/IMG]
[/QUOTE]

Yes, I went 18-0 bboxing as an amateur. Kickboxing, i kikcboxed in a dojo for a few months. Karate I have a black in shotokan. Taekwondo, I have a red belt. Aikido, I leanred it in a beltless class and wat the star. BJJ i have a purple belt. I also have a black in a mixed system that includes asll martial arts including sword fighting and knife fighting and bjj and kickboxing and karate and boxing aND EVERYTHING.

Now, all that credential crap out the window. I am 4 and 0 in bar fights. I got one guy with a front kick in the solar plexes and laid him out. ANother guy tried to smash a bottle on my head and i used aikido to neutralize him. Two guys at once tried to jump me outside of a bar, I just rumbled and choked one out with a rear naked choke after iroundhouse kicked to the head the other guy,t hen the other guy charged me and I threw him with a JUDo type throw and then tackled him when he got up and just grabbed him in a headlock and pounded him.

I am 3-0 on basketball courts.

A couple hoodlums tried to rob me when i was walking at dark in my old hood and i took them out i body slammed the one and i ddted the other.

Some bjj guy from my class that we hated each other and he owuld always tap me out. WSe fought outside the dojo when we ran into each other and he pushed me when i teased him about being a blue belt. He takcled me and had me in the mount and put his hand for the choke and i broke his finger. All that bjj crap out the window.

Now, i tried out a kodenkan jiu jitsu place and some old lady taught it and called my karate crap. She threw me while i was stanidng there watching people grapple. It was like, i got up and pushed her and told her to tell me when she throws me. She tried to grab me and i hit her with a side kick and laid her out in front of all her students and with her fourth degree belt on her waist while she moaned and smomeone called an ambulance.

SOme black belt in krav maga guy kept talking smack to me in one of my classes in college. He was heated, He wa slike yeah it is the best blah blah blah. We wer eboth durnk at a party and he spilled beer on my new shirt. I snapped and just side punched him them he leaned and i kicked him right in the balls and he fell down and then a few of my boys joined in and stomped him with out timbs on.

In grade school i was a muscular football player and i beat up a few guys and was a force to be reckoned with. I took out the 6'7" 250lbs monster everyone feared with a giant kneebreaking kick to the knee in a brawl at the park after school in front of half the school, then i split on him and left. In another fight some guy who had a second degree in taekwondo wa slike yeah, you got muscles but i would kill you cuz i train in a martial arts dojo. He three this kick, i grabbed it and uppercutted his jaw and blood came out and he started crying. Another guy, a kickboxer and me rumbled at a party, he tried to knee me, i just grabbed it and pulled it out and kneed him in the balls, then got ihim in a headlock and the wrestling move of the british bulldog, i slammed him on the hard floor and everyone died laughing like that kickboxing crap does not work i guess, they had it on viedeotape and people would watch and just die. Everyone feared me.

I mean and when i fought it was not a style, it was instinct, I have been fighitng my whole life. That is how I knoe you shoudl just take some things and throw away the useless crap. Only the good stuff will help you. On the street there ar eno rules. No credentials. Just instinct and aggression.

Re: whats your style? - 08/23/04 08:45 PM

Nice Story... Ummm yeah that's all I have to say about that.

Back to the topic and not the ego ^

I train in Shaolin Chuan Fa Kung Fu

Re: whats your style? - 08/23/04 08:49 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tsai's kung fu:
Nice Story... Ummm yeah that's all I have to say about that.

Back to the topic and not the ego ^

I train in Shaolin Chuan Fa Kung Fu
[/QUOTE]

nah i have no ego but i do know that belts and style and all this stuff, ytou know it all just comes down to fighting from instinct and senses and not your belt or style or watever. anyone cane lose. the guy with no limits has abetter chance of winning
Posted by: kenposan

Re: whats your style? - 08/23/04 09:40 PM

Okinawa Kenpo Karate and Cheng Style T'ai Chi Ch'uan

Re: whats your style? - 08/24/04 07:24 PM

Hey there,

Currently, Kyokushin Karate.

In my youth, Judo, Shukokai Karate, TKD, Kendo & Iaido.
Posted by: 1st Round KO

Re: whats your style? - 08/24/04 07:32 PM

i train in the secret art of the Dirty Sanchez...oh ya, i almost forgot, i also train in the Way of the Clevland Steamroller.

Re: whats your style? - 08/24/04 07:54 PM

bjjskn-

Sounds like you did lot's of hard work and studying... except in spelling.

It sounds like you don't have much respect for other martial artists. Whatever, I don't want to bash you about who you are I don't even know you, but it's like you said your more of a fighter, and I respect that, hell, everyone should fight when they get jumped, especially by old ladies who teach kodenkan jiu jitsu!

dude, get serious mental help.

Re: whats your style? - 08/24/04 08:25 PM

Kobayashi shorin ryu karate-do
Posted by: MuayThai

Re: whats your style? - 08/25/04 05:29 AM

Now, i tried out a kodenkan jiu jitsu place and some old lady taught it and called my karate crap. She threw me while i was stanidng there watching people grapple. It was like, i got up and pushed her and told her to tell me when she throws me. She tried to grab me and i hit her with a side kick and laid her out in front of all her students and with her fourth degree belt on her waist while she moaned and smomeone called an ambulance.[/QUOTE]

hahahaha, folks I am sorry for laughing but this couldnt be true! hahaha. Man he's beating up old women.

bjjskn you are by far the most entertaining nutcase on the internet at the moment. We should have a competition, the nuttiest nutcase on the internet.

currently donga has taken the lead... you got some work there boy to take the lead again.

[This message has been edited by MuayThai (edited 08-25-2004).]
Posted by: White-Tiger

Re: whats your style? - 08/25/04 06:30 AM

Dont encorage him guys.

Chris

Re: whats your style? - 08/25/04 08:38 AM

From reading bjjskn's post it's clear that he is well versed in the arts. Though he studies BJJ technically he's views belts and rank as crap,thats cool. Since he trains in many arts and has shodan rank in at least 2 arts maybe he should consider a a change of name. Perhaps it could be something like" FIGHTERKILLER" or "ARSEKICKER", or "no ego". From reading his post it appears that he has studied 3 or 4 arts.
maybe he could go by "3skn" or even" 4skn".

[This message has been edited by oldman (edited 08-25-2004).]

Re: whats your style? - 08/25/04 09:27 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by oldman:
From reading bjjskn's post it's clear that he is well versed in the arts. Though he studies BJJ technically he's views belts and rank as crap,thats cool. Since he trains in many arts and has shodan rank in at least 2 arts maybe he should consider a a change of name. Perhaps it could be something like" FIGHTERKILLER" or "ARSEKICKER", or "no ego". From reading his post it appears that he has studied 3 or 4 arts.
maybe he could go by "3skn" or even" 4skn".

[This message has been edited by oldman (edited 08-25-2004).]
[/QUOTE]

Umm, the two arts that made the biggest impact on me were shotokan karate and bjj. I had phenominal teachers in those. It was like the two teachers shaped my whole view of the martial arts. Although, it was the teaching that elped to make that huge impact, not the arts themself.
Posted by: immrtldragon

Re: whats your style? - 08/25/04 11:40 AM

As far as the original topic, I have practiced many styles from Ving Tsun, TKD, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, and Yoshinkan Aikido. Judo has been my favorite, but due to a neck injury brought on by weightlifting, Judo is currently on hold. It seems whenever my neck feels better, I do Randori and it's back to hurting. In the meantime, I have been Boxing. Boxing is very close to Judo as far as enjoyment and my neck actually feels great after Boxing. Boxing has almost been like PT for my neck. Even after I spar it feels fine. Eventually I plan to go back to Judo regularly, as I still stop by the club to train and do light Randori and Ne Waza.

Re: whats your style? - 08/25/04 12:06 PM

Umm, the two arts that made the biggest impact on me were shotokan karate and bjj. I had phenominal teachers in those. It was like the two teachers shaped my whole view of the martial arts. Although, it was the teaching that elped to make that huge impact, not the arts themself.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to train under a phenominal Shotokan instructor, who was yours?

Re: whats your style? - 08/25/04 12:22 PM

Umm, the two arts that made the biggest impact on me were shotokan karate and bjj. I had phenominal teachers in those. It was like the two teachers shaped my whole view of the martial arts. Although, it was the teaching that elped to make that huge impact, not the arts themself.[/QUOTE]

Did you also have Frank Dux,& Ashida Kim as your teachers? [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: MuayThai

Re: whats your style? - 08/25/04 12:41 PM

maybe he was trained by Anetta Shid or the famous chinese master called Hoo phlung dungh

Re: whats your style? - 08/25/04 02:34 PM

bjjskn, you kind of slag off martial arts and say you have no style, but are an all round fighter, but was it not the training in the martial arts that gave you those skills to be an all round fighter. Having a wide knowledge of arts is not a bad thing. In Okinawa it was encouraged by karate masters for their students to study other karate styles and systems to widen their knowledge. This is one reason why the old Okinawan masters
are something to be reckoned with. And as for belts, well they don't mean much. At the end of the day there was no such thing as belts until the western world got hold of the martial arts and needed some recognition of progress. Just because someone has a black belt, doesn't mean you are a good fighter, and just because you may be a good fighter, does not make you a black belt. As my sensei stresses, the 1st dan shows you have now mastered the basics, only now the real training and understanding begins. I'm not disrespecting you as I agree that you must keep your mind open to other systems and take what is useful, and what works for you as an individual.

Re: whats your style? - 01/10/05 04:41 AM

hello I study a style called 'jinkok'which is a combo of karate(shukokai),kungfu(wingchun),judo,jujitsu and aikido.put together in china by a martial artist having studied in the styles above.

Re: whats your style? - 01/10/05 05:01 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Crash:

[/QUOTE]

Re: whats your style? - 01/10/05 05:20 AM

Wing Chun Kung Fu!

Re: whats your style? - 01/10/05 10:44 AM

Welcome fellow newbie. I hope they have made you feel as welcome as I have been made to feel.

To answer the question, Matsumura Seito Shorin Ryu.

Page
Posted by: gojuwarrior1

Re: whats your style? - 01/10/05 11:21 AM

i train in usa goju karate (preparing for shodan)american kickboxing(3 years)and a couple of months csw(not currently doing csw due to devotion to obtaining my black belt,after that i am returning with a vengance!!)

Re: whats your style? - 01/10/05 11:34 AM

wado karate

sorry no stories about beating up people, although know some good ones by some people called

Hans Christian Anderson
The Brother Grimm

if anybody want to hear about them

Re: whats your style? - 01/10/05 07:20 PM

i study danzan ryu jujitsu and have been in judo bjj karate and kung fu... i started the martial arts in the second grade and joined dansanryu in 2000, and im 17 now and im not gonna stop untill i die

"it is best to win a conflict by preventing it from happening"

Re: whats your style? - 01/10/05 11:49 PM

All American Goju Karate with some integrated groundfighting
"Train til' you die"

Re: whats your style? - 01/11/05 02:40 AM

I do Muay Thai and as of tonight Wing Chun.

Re: whats your style? - 01/11/05 02:54 AM

I train in Japanese Goju Ryu Karate-Do as well as some Jiu Jitsu, Kobudo, Escrima, and a bit of Tai Chi. I personally love Kobudo. Ever since I was little, I always found those weapons facinating. I guess that's what I get for being obsessed with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

Re: whats your style? - 01/11/05 03:13 PM

i want to start takin martial arts but i dont know what to take im 14 about 5 10 im about 150 lbs and i work out plus i play hockey so im athletic. id like to take something with some pp in it but also has some punches in it something that will help out in street fights cause im startin to get into alot of them now?

oh and which will do more damage a hit in the solar plex or adams apple ?

Re: whats your style? - 01/11/05 05:25 PM

My style encompasses several eclectic and practical fighting arts.

First: Te Jitsu Karate
- Te Jitsu was founded in 1958
Its is the creation of Hiechi Mitsugawa.
Mistsugawa was a Japanes Merchant seaman wholived in the USA before WW2 he was a US Citizen ,both his sons were killed in the Pacific theatre.
The style was a family style but Sensei(the title he preferred) taught it to my uncle ,Herbert CARMICHAEL .
My uncle worked summers for Sensei at his ice cream parlor in Staten Island ,NY.
The work was grueling.Frozen ice cream can get quite heavy.Sensei observed my uncle getting picked on by a group odf youths . Taking pity on the frail boy,sensei put my uncle on a regimen of lifting heavy 100 gallon drums of ice cream to develop his body. At the same time he taught FAMILY STYLE to my uncle.
My uncle was named grandmaster after Sensei's death in a car accident in 1966.He inherited the ice cream store as because sensei had no family left.I studied with my uncle when was 11 years old in 1982. I am now the Supreme Grand -sensei of the style. I have decided to release this art to the public.It is now renamed Te Jitsu :hand art.

Te Jitsu:
Te Jitsu involves developing the internal enegy ,or Bunji. and flowing it through the fist into the body of your enemy.This is done through slow controlled breathing while in a handstand position...

There are 2 hand strikes
The Straight Fist
and
The Wheeling Spinning fist

There are 2 kicks:
The Front Slash Kick
and
The Spinning Inverted Wheel Kick

We do not do Grappling or throws as they are impractical in real fights.

Re: whats your style? - 01/11/05 05:35 PM

My roots are in Judo. Then a wonderful Judo Sensei introduced me to Jujutsu in the early 90's. I now pretty much see them as different branches of the same tree (which they are) and integrate both styles.

I do throws and grappling both of which are "impractical in real fights."

--Dallas

Re: whats your style? - 01/12/05 04:59 AM

currently training in gojuryu,nunchaku, staff fighting and kali sticks.
used to train in judo.

Re: whats your style? - 01/12/05 05:05 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by immrtldragon:
As far as the original topic, I have practiced many styles from Ving Tsun, TKD, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, and Yoshinkan Aikido. Judo has been my favorite, but due to a neck injury brought on by weightlifting, Judo is currently on hold. It seems whenever my neck feels better, I do Randori and it's back to hurting. In the meantime, I have been Boxing. Boxing is very close to Judo as far as enjoyment and my neck actually feels great after Boxing. Boxing has almost been like PT for my neck. Even after I spar it feels fine. Eventually I plan to go back to Judo regularly, as I still stop by the club to train and do light Randori and Ne Waza.[/QUOTE]

sorry to hear that, did you turn your head while lifting?

Re: whats your style? - 01/12/05 05:43 AM

Shotokan Karate, Kyusho Jitsu...

And going back to the Shaolin Temple UK, wahey!!!!!!!!!! (might start Iaido soon too)

Bjjskn & GODHAND5406 - Can you not just put your styles down??? No could care less about your stories, or how amazing you are, or blah blah blah. No one cares but you, so just put our styles down, or don't both posting on this thread!

Mark.

Re: whats your style? - 01/14/05 08:53 PM

Hello:

My name is Livio Girotto, I write from Venezuela, so please forgive my poor english.

I believe that cross training is good, because there is not a "perfect" style, every fighting discipline have weak points. My advice to anybody is to choose the style that you think works best for you, and train that style the most, then train a few hours of other styles, but always holding on to your prefered style. This will make you wise enough to counter fighters from other schools, and will allow you to truly master a martial art, or maybe two.

My prefered fighting art is a Venezuelan stick fighting system known as "el Juego del Garrote" or "Garrote Larense". I have been practicing this art since 1989, if you want to have information about this art, go to www.garrotelarense.org.

Other styles I do practice are: Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu, Freestyle Wrestling, Brazilian Jiujitsu.

Regards,

Livio

Re: whats your style? - 01/17/05 12:18 AM

I study Shaolin Kempo Karate and Kick boxing and have studied Goju-ryu in the past.

Re: whats your style? - 01/17/05 12:27 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Doomdaddy:
I study Shaolin Kempo Karate and Kick boxing and have studied Goju-ryu in the past.[/QUOTE]

Hi Doomdaddy,
Why did you quit goju? Or do you still do it?

Re: whats your style? - 01/17/05 10:21 AM

Shinryu-Gojur Karajudo Muay Ichi ...Otherwise known as boxing

-Ket

Re: whats your style? - 01/17/05 10:54 AM

Hello Sanchin31,
I studied Goju about 20 years ago and at that time my job became to time consuming to allow me the ability to continue my studies. Soon after my sensei moved to Arizona. When I moved to the town I live in now, I heard great things about the local Shaolin Kempo Karate school. When I went and saw for myself I was immediately "won over". I love the mixture of styles and appreciate the teaching abilities of the senseis that instruct there. Our main man, Master Thomas Ingargiola, 8th Dan, representing all Shaolin Kempo Karate schools, received the School of the Year award from the A.M.A. this weekend in Atlantic City and my head sensei, Master Jason Kurdziel, 5th Dan, received a Hall of Fame Spirit award from the A.M.A. for his long term achievments in the martial arts.
The technical prowess, support and overall teaching abilities of the instuctors at my school have made my learning experiences all the more enjoyable. Great teachers are as important as a great martial art form, don't you think? Thanks for asking, Sanchin31. A pleasure to meet you.

Re: whats your style? - 01/17/05 11:57 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GODHAND5406:
We do not do Grappling or throws as they are impractical in real fights.[/QUOTE]

LMAO

what have you been smoking!?!??

[QUOTE] i want to start takin martial arts but i dont know what to take im 14 about 5 10 im about 150 lbs [/QUOTE]

he's fourteen and he's as heavy as i am

[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/mad.gif[/IMG]

anyway i train in judo, kickboxing, and more recently BJJ. i also want to learn greco roman wrestling, i know a little bit of it, learned by wrestling friends, but no formal instruction.

Re: whats your style? - 01/17/05 12:27 PM

Shhhhh..... careful, Ride.

Don't make him mad, he might drop a 100 gallon container of ice cream on your sorry non-viking, non hallucenigenic drug taking, non grandmaster ass. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/eek.gif[/IMG]

Re: whats your style? - 01/17/05 04:27 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MattJ:
Shhhhh..... careful, Ride.

Don't make him mad, he might drop a 100 gallon container of ice cream on your sorry non-viking, non hallucenigenic drug taking, non grandmaster ass. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/eek.gif[/IMG]
[/QUOTE]

i seriously laughed out loud when i read that reply of yours mattj [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

i guess you meant non-supreme grand-sensei though...

100 gallons is a lot of ice cream... would weight about 400 kilos...

mmmm... ice cream...

Re: whats your style? - 01/17/05 05:10 PM

Hello,

I study ninjutsu (Bujinkan) and have for the last few years. In the past I've studied Karate, and the W.E.Fairbarns 'system' from his book "Get Tough"

Re: whats your style? - 01/18/05 05:16 PM

Some stunning replies to this topic! LOL LOL

Anyhow,

I studied Shukokai karate, shito Ryu karate to blackbelt standard.

Then I cross trained in a few arts, mainly eskrima, wing chun, thai Boxing and loads of others but have no real knowledge of them. Great training though!

I now train soley in matsubayashi Shorin Ryu.

And since when did martial arts practise have anything to do with street fighting or icecream?
Posted by: kempo_jujitsu

Re: whats your style? - 01/18/05 07:44 PM

i started in kempo jujutsu (one art)...went to taekwondo for a year, and went back to kempo jujutsu because i like it alot better.
just out of curiosity, how many of you think you have learned just as much from just practicing with your friends as you have during actual instruction in class? much of what i do is just things ive picked up here and there, or just by figuring it out on my own by actually doing it. just curious.
oh and i recently started dabbling in small circle jujitsu(awesome) and have also had a little training in kyusho jutsu.

Re: whats your style? - 01/18/05 08:17 PM

Yes, I went 18-0 bboxing as an amateur. Kickboxing, i kikcboxed in a dojo for a few months. Karate I have a black in shotokan. Taekwondo, I have a red belt. Aikido, I leanred it in a beltless class and wat the star. BJJ i have a purple belt. I also have a black in a mixed system that includes asll martial arts including sword fighting and knife fighting and bjj and kickboxing and karate and boxing aND EVERYTHING.

Now, all that credential crap out the window. I am 4 and 0 in bar fights. I got one guy with a front kick in the solar plexes and laid him out. ANother guy tried to smash a bottle on my head and i used aikido to neutralize him. Two guys at once tried to jump me outside of a bar, I just rumbled and choked one out with a rear naked choke after iroundhouse kicked to the head the other guy,t hen the other guy charged me and I threw him with a JUDo type throw and then tackled him when he got up and just grabbed him in a headlock and pounded him.

I am 3-0 on basketball courts.

A couple hoodlums tried to rob me when i was walking at dark in my old hood and i took them out i body slammed the one and i ddted the other.

Some bjj guy from my class that we hated each other and he owuld always tap me out. WSe fought outside the dojo when we ran into each other and he pushed me when i teased him about being a blue belt. He takcled me and had me in the mount and put his hand for the choke and i broke his finger. All that bjj crap out the window.

Now, i tried out a kodenkan jiu jitsu place and some old lady taught it and called my karate crap. She threw me while i was stanidng there watching people grapple. It was like, i got up and pushed her and told her to tell me when she throws me. She tried to grab me and i hit her with a side kick and laid her out in front of all her students and with her fourth degree belt on her waist while she moaned and smomeone called an ambulance.

SOme black belt in krav maga guy kept talking smack to me in one of my classes in college. He was heated, He wa slike yeah it is the best blah blah blah. We wer eboth durnk at a party and he spilled beer on my new shirt. I snapped and just side punched him them he leaned and i kicked him right in the balls and he fell down and then a few of my boys joined in and stomped him with out timbs on.

In grade school i was a muscular football player and i beat up a few guys and was a force to be reckoned with. I took out the 6'7" 250lbs monster everyone feared with a giant kneebreaking kick to the knee in a brawl at the park after school in front of half the school, then i split on him and left. In another fight some guy who had a second degree in taekwondo wa slike yeah, you got muscles but i would kill you cuz i train in a martial arts dojo. He three this kick, i grabbed it and uppercutted his jaw and blood came out and he started crying. Another guy, a kickboxer and me rumbled at a party, he tried to knee me, i just grabbed it and pulled it out and kneed him in the balls, then got ihim in a headlock and the wrestling move of the british bulldog, i slammed him on the hard floor and everyone died laughing like that kickboxing crap does not work i guess, they had it on viedeotape and people would watch and just die. Everyone feared me.

I mean and when i fought it was not a style, it was instinct, I have been fighitng my whole life. That is how I knoe you shoudl just take some things and throw away the useless crap. Only the good stuff will help you. On the street there ar eno rules. No credentials. Just instinct and aggression.
[/QUOTE]

You did all of that and still you can't find the true meaning of The arts you taken.........

Not a dis just a thought............

*Inuyasha*

Re: whats your style? - 01/18/05 08:22 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ormo:
Wing Chun Kung Fu![/QUOTE]

It speaks for itself..........

*Inuyasha*

Re: whats your style? - 01/18/05 08:27 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by canada:
i want to start takin martial arts but i dont know what to take im 14 about 5 10 im about 150 lbs and i work out plus i play hockey so im athletic. id like to take something with some pp in it but also has some punches in it something that will help out in street fights cause im startin to get into alot of them now?

oh and which will do more damage a hit in the solar plex or adams apple ?
[/QUOTE]

Canada. Is that all you want all from on art take boxing cause there are more to MA then just fighting. Boxing will do fine for you.

Just a thought and remember the best fighter in the world is the one who don't fight at all.............

*Inuyasha*

Re: whats your style? - 01/19/05 03:47 AM

where's all the thai kickboxers?!

i'm a MUAY THAI fighter, but i didnt see anyone else stand up, you bastards. hah! muay thai rules you all :> unless you have a gat, then i cry

Re: whats your style? - 01/19/05 04:20 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Supa-Soniq:
where's all the thai kickboxers?!

i'm a MUAY THAI fighter, but i didnt see anyone else stand up, you bastards. hah! muay thai rules you all :> unless you have a gat, then i cry
[/QUOTE]

Bullbutter!! Everyone knows MT fighters can't fight outside the ring!! Sissy girl!!
[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG]

Re: whats your style? - 01/19/05 04:53 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Doomdaddy:
Hello Sanchin31,
I studied Goju about 20 years ago and at that time my job became to time consuming to allow me the ability to continue my studies. Soon after my sensei moved to Arizona. When I moved to the town I live in now, I heard great things about the local Shaolin Kempo Karate school. When I went and saw for myself I was immediately "won over". I love the mixture of styles and appreciate the teaching abilities of the senseis that instruct there. Our main man, Master Thomas Ingargiola, 8th Dan, representing all Shaolin Kempo Karate schools, received the School of the Year award from the A.M.A. this weekend in Atlantic City and my head sensei, Master Jason Kurdziel, 5th Dan, received a Hall of Fame Spirit award from the A.M.A. for his long term achievments in the martial arts.
The technical prowess, support and overall teaching abilities of the instuctors at my school have made my learning experiences all the more enjoyable. Great teachers are as important as a great martial art form, don't you think? Thanks for asking, Sanchin31. A pleasure to meet you.
[/QUOTE]

I absolutely agree with you on that! I would rather train under a great teacher in any style than a poor teacher in the style of my choice.Fortunately my instructor is a great friend as well as instructor. I guess you can't call our school a traditional school. We've incorporated groundfighting and other styles into our Goju school.But keeping with a good kata foundation.
How far did you go in Goju?
It was noce to meet you to.
All American Goju Karate

Re: whats your style? - 01/19/05 02:54 PM

I am a student in the arts of Isshinryu, and goju-ryu. I have studied others, but these are my passion.

Re: whats your style? - 01/19/05 04:49 PM

Style: No name

current style training in has no name

prevous styles: judo, kenpo, itf taekwondo, kickboxing, filipino weapon fighting (just kali sticks and knives), plum flower/wing chung, bjj, muay thai, boxing and isshinryu karate.

Re: whats your style? - 01/19/05 06:05 PM

i practice Inayan Eskrima and Shinbudo ( a cross training program incorparating TSD,MT,Boxing,Lil Wc but not really,, Japenese Ju Jitsu and BJJ the main focus is BJJ cause that is the only complete style taught.

Re: whats your style? - 01/19/05 07:32 PM

I have a good base in Sho Rei Go Ju Ryu, but I haven't been a member at an official dojo in a while. Right now, I'm doing a lot of different stuff on my own, especially weapons, until I find a new place to learn.

However, I have studied heavily in martial arts theory and philosophy. Not just the spiritual stuff, but the mechanics of the martial arts as well. Not that knowing how a knockout punch works will ever help you land one [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] I just find it interesting.
Posted by: Alejandro

Re: whats your style? - 01/20/05 10:21 AM

Xaith:

How long ago did you study Shorei-Goju Ryu? Was it of Robert A. Trias lineage? If you are interested in resuming training, perhaps I can help you locate a dojo. The main Trias group now (under Robert Bowles, Hanshi) is the International Shuri-Ryu Association, although shorei-goju is practiced as a seperate style, and some also go by shorei-ryu. As you may know, the name of the style underwent a few changes, with Trias settling (with the suggestion and encouragement of Yasuhiro Konishi) on the Shuri-ryu name in the late 70s or early 80s.

Anyway, post here or e-mail me if you are interested.

-Al

Re: whats your style? - 01/20/05 10:37 AM

1. Ving Tsun Kuen.
2. Five Pattern Hung Kuen.
3. Praying Mantis Kuen.

* Plans on learning more disciplines farther in my life-time.

Re: whats your style? - 01/20/05 11:40 AM

i am a japanese shoot-fighter, or chute-fighter, or shuto-fighter. it all depends on where u are from and where u learned it at. i don't know how complete/incomplete a style it is. i do know that it is very taxing as far as physical and mental.
Kel

Re: whats your style? - 01/20/05 09:29 PM

Sup, welcome to the forums
I study karate and krav-maga, in the future i would like to study akido and Shaolin kung fu.

~Hobbes

Re: whats your style? - 01/20/05 11:43 PM

Shorinjiryu Kenkokan Karatedo and (unfortunately VERY occasionally) jodo. What with job and other commitments I'm lucky to make it to my karate dojo 3x per week.

Check out http://www.kenkokan-karate.com/en/top.htm for the English site.