Dim Mak? Chi balls? O yes....

Posted by: Mobious12

Dim Mak? Chi balls? O yes.... - 01/10/07 09:05 PM

Not sure if this should have gone in "interal arts" or other threads, but here it goes...

Click here from some DIM MAK!

Now I I find the chi demostration VERY different from the normal, Its not a money maker either, they say only one man per generation is taught this. Also I never saw this kind of chi in fingers, to the body... and the slap the back to "restart" the chi. It usually consists of a pucnhing master, and then his student is suddenly knock-out. Love the slo- mo in the video as well lol. I found it all almost believable until the ying and yang chi from earth and heaven... But this is what they believe it doesnt have to affect what it does.

But many of it can be explained ( facking the dim mak ... the narrorator being on payroll too, although I doubt that because its his show.. and if you watch the other clips he has a open minded view, and has some other real documentarys on ninjustsu , smaruia etc.

What do you think!?!
Posted by: Tom2199

Re: Dim Mak? Chi balls? O yes.... - 01/11/07 12:11 PM

dim mak = dim crap in my opinion
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Dim Mak? Chi balls? O yes.... - 01/11/07 12:21 PM

Dim mak is a very controversial topic. There are undisputably striking points that can cause pain and KO's - but not nearly as reliably as some (like in this video) would have you think. Check the Pressure Point forum here for some much better info.

Chi balls are not even controversial to me. They simply do not exist, at all.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Dim Mak? Chi balls? O yes.... - 01/11/07 12:25 PM

Quote:

Chi balls are not even controversial to me. They simply do not exist, at all.

http://www.fitness-biz.com.tw/showproducts.php?id=6

My don't you feel silly.
Posted by: NewJitsu

Re: Dim Mak? Chi balls? O yes.... - 01/11/07 12:28 PM

there's a thread and video somewhere that shows a Dim Mak practitioner against your standard karate guy. The Chi man has wagered his MA school (yes, he bet his school!) that he can use Chi to defeat any opponent. And the karate guy clobbers him. It's quite sad to watch. But funny at the same time... Wish I could find where the vid is, perhaps search youtube for Chi or something.
Posted by: Mobious12

Re: Dim Mak? Chi balls? O yes.... - 01/11/07 04:02 PM

Quote:

there's a thread and video somewhere that shows a Dim Mak practitioner against your standard karate guy. The Chi man has wagered his MA school (yes, he bet his school!) that he can use Chi to defeat any opponent. And the karate guy clobbers him. It's quite sad to watch. But funny at the same time... Wish I could find where the vid is, perhaps search youtube for Chi or something.

Well... I saw that but that was different, that was what I meant by "not your standard chi video"... this one had much more to do with chi going into points in the body, and then restart the chi flow ( Never saw that one before ) But ya the grandmaster Kiai guy ( the one that was owned by a karate student) quite different in his fighting,( he want to slap the guy lol)

Also watch the other videos in teh same documentary, some are really cool! The Taiwan Swat force ... OMG PWNORZ! aha

And again, the other video was not a "Dim Mak" practictionar, he just believed in the "no touch knock out
and manipulation of chi, this one his more concrete ( he actually hit the guy!) and Dim Mak= Death Touch, so its a different thing, he jest does it with chi!
Posted by: shorin-ji

Re: Dim Mak? Chi balls? O yes.... - 03/19/07 02:58 AM

theirs alot of crap that surrounds the whole dim mak thing but i mean i'm sure that their is someone around who can trigger pressure points to cause CERTAIN effects such as KO's, i mean i met a guy who knocked himself out with a bouncy ball when he was throwing it in his house and it just caught him in the right spot
Posted by: JKogas

Re: Dim Mak? Chi balls? O yes.... - 03/19/07 07:38 AM

Quote:

theirs alot of crap that surrounds the whole dim mak thing but i mean i'm sure that their is someone around who can trigger pressure points to cause CERTAIN effects such as KO's, i mean i met a guy who knocked himself out with a bouncy ball when he was throwing it in his house and it just caught him in the right spot

Testable and repeatable. Thats what something needs to clearly establish in order to be made and presented as functional.

If something is neither of those things, would you want to spend any considerable time on it when your objective is to develop physical and mental skills with which to effectively fight?

My answer would be no. My opinion is, things like chi and dim mak, etc belong on the shopping mall circuit in the "chop socky" demonstrations.

-John
Posted by: ExCon

Re: Dim Mak? Chi balls? O yes.... - 03/19/07 07:50 AM

I ate some bad dim mak once and farted the biggest chi ball ever.
Posted by: Taison

Re: Dim Mak? Chi balls? O yes.... - 03/19/07 07:54 AM

That's dim sum.

-Taison out
Posted by: Cord

Re: Dim Mak? Chi balls? O yes.... - 03/20/07 09:20 AM

Quote:

they say only one man per generation is taught this.

Thats retarded. If it was so reliable and effective, then it would be taught widely. The old 'ooh, its too great a responsibility to give to many' argument doesn't hold any weight either, as if those not privy to the info want to kill someone, they can just get a gun and shoot their victim, or maybe take the more 'mundane' techniques like a foot stomp, and use it repeatedly on a skull till the victim expires. if the intent to kill is there, then knowing an alleged 'dim mak' will not really make the application of the intent any easier.
Open the knowledge up to indipendant scrutiny, and let the results speak for themeselves, dont obfuscate the truth with 'chosen one' BS.
Posted by: Saisho

Re: Dim Mak? Chi balls? O yes.... - 03/20/07 10:32 AM

Quote:

they say only one man per generation is taught this

Why would anyone train with a 'Master' that they knew was not going to teach them something? If he has a person icked out to be 'The One', you get squat.
Posted by: grant4353

Re: Dim Mak? Chi balls? O yes.... - 07/26/07 08:44 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I&mode=related&search=
Posted by: Usenthemighty

Re: Dim Mak? Chi balls? O yes.... - 07/26/07 09:16 PM

the best viedo ever. I only wish I was the one fighting him. As for Dim Mak, I'll believe the claims when I fight someone that does it.
Posted by: jpoor

Re: Dim Mak? Chi balls? O yes.... - 07/27/07 07:12 AM

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I&mode=related&search=

I'd love to know the follow on story to that vid. Did the guy explain that his opponent "put his tongue to the roof of his mouth" or something? LOL

I guess his record just went to 200-1.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Dim Mak? Chi balls? O yes.... - 07/27/07 10:50 AM

Related thread here -

http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/s...ue#Post15903109
Posted by: SpeedyGonzales

Re: Dim Mak? Chi balls? O yes.... - 08/18/07 05:09 PM

Quote:

apparently it was a "kiai" master with "no-touch" knockout and he bet $5000. But who knows, the story changes with each posting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I

Re: Dim Mak? Chi balls? O yes.... - 08/18/07 05:12 PM

Quote:

the best viedo ever. I only wish I was the one fighting him. As for Dim Mak, I'll believe the claims when I fight someone that does it.

I find it much more sad than funny. The old man is clearly delusional and clearly he believed his own bs. And he was severely hurt. The "MMA" guy seemed concerned about him after the fight as well; I hate lying masters but I hate people suffering as well.

Re: Dim Mak? Chi balls? O yes.... - 08/18/07 05:14 PM

this one is very interesting as well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa1nzD-n25Q

now THIS ONE is FUNNY!
He slapped the news lady and he was like "Did you feel it" and she said "wtf you just slapped me!" LOLOL
they go to a BJJ dojo and it didn't work on any of them

Re: Dim Mak? Chi balls? O yes.... - 08/18/07 05:20 PM

Quote:

aWell... I saw that but that was different, that was what I meant by "not your standard chi video"... this one had much more to do with chi going into points in the body, and then restart the chi flow ( Never saw that one before

So did this guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa1nzD-n25Q
Posted by: shadowkahn

Re: Dim Mak? Chi balls? O yes.... - 08/19/07 11:12 AM

it's crap like that that makes it hard for those of us who understand what PP's are and what they do to convince anyone that we're not lunatics. I can't believe the number of idiots running around that think chi=the force and that they're some kind of modern day Obi Wan Kenobi. I also can't believe the number of people that think PP = interruption of chi flow or whatever the hell the fad is this month. PP's are bundles of nerves that cause a reaction when activated. That's all they are. The ancient chinese thought they dealt with mystical energy flow, but that's because the ancient chinese didn't know how the body really works. They used the knowledge available to them at the time to draw conclusions that, while they made sense based on what was known, turned out to be wrong.

If you think PP's are anything more than a cluster of nerves that can be activated to produce predictable results, your instructor has ripped you off.

Conversely, if you don't believe in PP's at all, just think back to the last time you hit your funny bone, and ask yourself why it hurt like that.