Kiai master VS. karate guy

Posted by: MattJ

Kiai master VS. karate guy - 11/30/06 01:33 PM

With a surprise ending! Or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMgVmFzBrus&eurl=
Posted by: Zombie Zero

Re: Kiai master VS. karate guy - 11/30/06 01:44 PM

I have no idea what I just saw. Did the old guy think he was an airplane?
Posted by: BrianS

Re: Kiai master VS. karate guy - 11/30/06 01:49 PM

I loved his highwater belt.
Posted by: butterfly

Re: Kiai master VS. karate guy - 11/30/06 02:10 PM

When reality meets some strange metaphysical mysticism, the concrete of the actual will always prove itself. The stranger thing that will happen is that the old dude will do like countless others like him and rationalize a way out: He wasn’t prepared enough. His ki was a little under the weather that day. And he’ll go about his business as usual and no one in his entourage will examine the situation for what it was….that this fake crap never, ever works…. Chi balls don’t work, magic mumbo jumbo coming from the fingers don’t work. And those that think that you can use the Force will still believe it, no matter the evidence against it. Funny….and sad.
Posted by: cxt

Re: Kiai master VS. karate guy - 11/30/06 02:33 PM

Butterfly

You said it.

Just once, just one time, I would like to to see a "master" of such high weirdness suck it up and publically state that they were wrong about the skills they claimed, that they were sorry for what they had done and that they were going to stop teaching it.

I see a difference between outright fakes, frauds and "scam-a-rai" and bascially decent people that are simply deluded--ya know the folks that honestly "belived" that they could do it.

The former deserve nothing but contempt and scorn--and maybe a lawsuit.

The latter--pity.

Which group they end up in, depends on how they react to their claims being debunked.
Posted by: Leo_E_49

Re: Kiai master VS. karate guy - 11/30/06 02:46 PM

Open-mindedness and an inquisitive nature (including being on a forum like this) is the best way to avoid the "frog under the coconut shell" (big fish in a small pond) syndrome.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Kiai master VS. karate guy - 11/30/06 03:09 PM

The young Karate guy hardly even hit him. I think that he laid on the ground like that due to embarassment or to later have some wild concocted story of why he lost. Unbelieveable!
Posted by: oldman

Re: Kiai master VS. karate guy - 11/30/06 03:10 PM

Matt should have led with this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tib2Urowsdc&mode=related&search=

The possibility for inquery into human behavior seems limitless. Reality really can be a wonderful thing. We spend so much time and energy protecting ourselves from it. I believe that possibly the only reason to practice any art, martial or otherwise is to help us to see reality clearly, and empower us bare it with some courage and dignity.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Kiai master VS. karate guy - 11/30/06 03:18 PM

Quote:

Wow! Hilarious and sad at the same time, like Butterfly said.

Re: Kiai master VS. karate guy - 11/30/06 03:22 PM

CXT,

For me, when looking at this, I really see the old guy as “believing” his BS. You don’t go into a public venue against someone bigger and stronger than you unless you think you are going to be delivering the ‘whoop’n’ to someone else. You even see the surprise on his face as he’s wiping the blood from his mouth that seems to say (and I know, I am putting words into the video): ”WTF! This shouldn’t have happened.”

But, he won’t let this bit of trouble stop him from his belief….so he’s peddling things sincerely, despite this evidence to the contrary. Therefore, the show is not for the sake of self-abasement…I got the honest impression that he was there to prove his mettle. And this little stoppage is just a small test of faith. Problems begin, however, when all you get are tests of faith that offer no leniency to you unless you practice within your own group who already know how to behave.

Sorry old dude! No absolution today.

-B
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Kiai master VS. karate guy - 11/30/06 03:28 PM

Quote:

That is unbelievably stupid. Who actually believes this stuff? How do you brainwash a whole class of followers to do this stuff for you? How do you go home at night thinking you are accomplishing something? Little minds are easily fooled into believing anything. An even smaller mind will actually become a part of it. Unbelievable!
Posted by: Zombie Zero

Re: Kiai master VS. karate guy - 11/30/06 03:37 PM

Quote:

Good grief... like others said, comical and sad. Was this guy the fight consultant for "Kung Fu Hustle"?
Posted by: IExcalibui2

Re: Kiai master VS. karate guy - 11/30/06 03:41 PM

there was something similar to this posted before. Just him saying that hes been in over 200 vale tudo fights and never lost is the key indicator that this man is fake. Along with his dumb chi projection and control. I dont get how his students start to believe this garabage....And if he really was an Aikido practitioner then he would've done something more than just try slap the karate guy.
Posted by: Saisho

Re: Kiai master VS. karate guy - 11/30/06 04:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good grief... like others said, comical and sad. Was this guy the fight consultant for "Kung Fu Hustle"?

I hear the person that choreographed that is doing the next Justin Timberlake video.
Posted by: Shouji

Re: Kiai master VS. karate guy - 11/30/06 05:03 PM

What. The. Hell.
Posted by: bearich

Re: Kiai master VS. karate guy - 11/30/06 05:06 PM

Perhaps the reason it worked so well with his students in the second video was because they're all secretly vampires and he's whipping around some nasty garlic breath.

If that's not the case I can only reiterate the following:
Quote:

What. The. Hell.

Posted by: Ayub

Re: Kiai master VS. karate guy - 12/01/06 06:45 AM

Does there syllabus consist of safe falling, doing back flips, and pretending to be electrocuted? That was plain old leprachuan, mermaid, easter bunny BS!
Posted by: Isshinryukid4life

Re: Kiai master VS. karate guy - 12/01/06 09:03 AM

I'm guessing,That one day this person put on a red belt,& thought he could take on anyone,However I'd say that reality was his enemy.
Posted by: schanne

Re: Kiai master VS. karate guy - 12/01/06 10:32 AM

How ridiculous
Posted by: VDJ

Re: Kiai master VS. karate guy - 12/01/06 09:45 PM

O.K.,

Both times I was expecting to see a George Dillman video and was fooled. Doesn't he travel the same road as well as the whole pressure point thing (which at least the pressure point thing has SOME legitimacy ). The second clip with this guys students really is pathectic ! I mean it really is a shame people fall for it!

VDJ
Posted by: Neko456

Re: Kiai master VS. karate guy - 12/01/06 10:07 PM

The most embarassing thing I've seen in the Martial Art ever. I am surprises that the old guy with the red belt really thought he could pull that off against someone he hadn't got into their mind yet. Obviously he was too confident in his BS, thats the reason its good to practice with friends. Friends that will make you prove that your techniques works or doesn't. Man with friends like his he doesn't need enemies, his friends should have busted his chops and it would have saved US HAVING TO VIEW THIS BS.

I mean after the BS didn't work why not revert back to physical does he have any other training, other then his Kia training. Please say he not a Karate person!!

Wow both videos were a joke. But I blame it on him, you should know when someones blowing up your tail!!! Especially a Chi Master.
Posted by: Dauragon c mikado

Re: Kiai master VS. karate guy - 12/01/06 11:43 PM

As soon as I saw this thread I thought of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FZjHAijc0k

Is it the same guy I wonder? The methods seem different but they look alike so I'm not sure...
Posted by: hedkikr

Re: Kiai master VS. karate guy - 12/02/06 02:15 AM

I call & raise you...

Check this out -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFfhxVmdXZ4&mode=related&search=
Posted by: Neko456

Re: Kiai master VS. karate guy - 12/02/06 02:26 AM

Did you see the Tai-Chi-Chuan Yang style guys, in the Kickass guys documentry, I'd like to see one of them take on that young Karate guy. Those guys seem to be practicing the really deal. Even the little 10-12 year old kid had apunch and seemed to know where to hit.

Subtract one from the Red Belt a$$ whipping. But add 2 for Yang styke Tai-chi!!! In regrad to Chi training.

Hedkikr - I'll pass on the Iron wand thang, I thing I'll just move out of the way. Iron body no doubt.
Posted by: crablord

Re: Kiai master VS. karate guy - 12/02/06 02:36 AM

Quote:

utterly hilarious. I loved the way he didnt hit them and they went flying. This is a joke, this has to be a joke. Noone is that stupid right???
Posted by: TeK9

Re: Kiai master VS. karate guy - 12/02/06 05:05 AM

At least when Dillman does it he has the right people around him. Those that paid the high cost of the seminar and those that believe in what he is actually doing.

Poor old man, he really took some shots to the face including that kick.
Posted by: Saisho

Re: Kiai master VS. karate guy - 12/02/06 07:49 PM

Quote:

I call & raise you...

Check this out -

I FOLD!!!

When do they do breaking?
Posted by: Boomer

Re: Kiai master VS. karate guy - 12/03/06 01:17 AM

utter ridiculousness. but quite entertaining.
Posted by: Ives

Re: Kiai master VS. karate guy - 12/03/06 05:38 AM

In that first video, the small guy was 'chi-ting'.

Having faith in your skills, doesn't always work out...
Nice video's.

Re: Kiai master VS. karate guy - 12/05/06 08:16 PM

Hey, so I have seen this around several times. Fletch brought it up, an Aikidoka brought it up, but I was wondering if anyone has heard about the aftermath of this little debacle?

Did the Old Dude own up to his unconquerable Chi and pay the other guy? And, has anyone heard what the fallout was with his instruction? I mean, I guess he could spin it to say that he was just having a bad Chi day and the morons in his school would buy it, but come on.

I have watched this a few times and just like that Visa commercial, the expression of disbelief when he gets punched in the kisser "for reals" is....priceless.
Posted by: clmibb

Re: Kiai master VS. karate guy - 07/27/07 02:18 PM

Quote:

I call & raise you...

Check this out -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFfhxVmdXZ4&mode=related&search=

Puts a whole new meaning to cock fighting.

Casey
Posted by: IExcalibui2

Re: Kiai master VS. karate guy - 07/27/07 06:16 PM

isnt this a repost??
Posted by: Jav

Re: Kiai master VS. karate guy - 12/04/07 05:23 PM

Yes, it is sad. But at least the guy walked away with his $ 5,000.