training for MA

Posted by: Anonymous

training for MA - 07/07/04 12:10 PM

well after reading some posts on the condition some of u guys are in I know that before I join a Tae Kwon Do class I should take a few months and get myself to a level where I can learn the skills and techniques properly

I just read the Ultimate BB test and
Mu Ryuk posted what he taught in his class and I am impressed.

My question to the people who teach MA classes is..

What is the routine or workout that you put the class through before working on techniques. I would like to get an idea of how I can adjust my workout so when I join a
Tae Kwon Do class I will be on Par conditioning wise.

Re: training for MA - 07/07/04 12:13 PM

First off 3-400 press ups every day some running 2-300 Sit ups and get some stances off the internet and stay in them for ages 10mins at a time but at first it will be hard. reply

Re: training for MA - 07/07/04 12:20 PM

That's crazy. You ain't starting anybody off with 3-400 push ups.
Posted by: WADO 1

Re: training for MA - 07/07/04 12:20 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jeet Kune Do Dragon Tamer:
First off 3-400 press ups every day some running 2-300 Sit ups and get some stances off the internet and stay in them for ages 10mins at a time but at first it will be hard. reply[/QUOTE]

That's way too much for a beginner you're going to scare this guy off. You don't need to do anythng to prepare just start going to class. Any good instructor will taylor your training to your fitness level and start off slowly getting you into shape. Don't put off going to class to get into shape that is really the purpose of training. Think about it if it was that tough for beginners how do so many kids do it.

Re: training for MA - 07/07/04 12:24 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by neckbreaker:
That's crazy. You ain't starting anybody off with 3-400 push ups. [/QUOTE]

I think he is pulling a trick on you he didn't say 300-400 push ups remember 4 pushups is more than 3. It is one of the oldest bar bets in the world. I bet you I can do between 2 and 300 pushups in 3 minutes, then you get on the floor and do 3 pushups and say 3 is more than 2 I win.

Re: training for MA - 07/07/04 05:35 PM

well I wont be scared off at all, no matter what is required.

I can do 50 pushups in a row and 70 situps on the roman chair all the way hyper extended and all the way up.

Jeet Kune Do Dragon Tamer: By stances do u mean stances such as the 'Horse stance'

WADO 1: I appreciate you telling me that a teacher will taylor a program to my fitness level. But I will say that on the flip side I would rather go into my 1st class already able to do 200 situps.... etc making the learning of the techniques easier.

Re: training for MA - 07/07/04 05:44 PM

But it's not that tough you can learn any martial arts technique with just a moderate fitness level then by practicing the techniques you improve your fitness level over time.
Posted by: pete

Re: training for MA - 07/07/04 05:49 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MIKE20CA:
well after reading some posts on the condition some of u guys are in I know that before I join a Tae Kwon Do class I should take a few months and get myself to a level where I can learn the skills and techniques properly

I just read the Ultimate BB test and
Mu Ryuk posted what he taught in his class and I am impressed.

My question to the people who teach MA classes is..

What is the routine or workout that you put the class through before working on techniques. I would like to get an idea of how I can adjust my workout so when I join a
Tae Kwon Do class I will be on Par conditioning wise.
[/QUOTE]
http://www.exrx.net/Plyometrics/PlatformDepthJump.html
Try some of these and check for balance and co-ordination explosive power. Held stretches and balistics leg stretch. Agility exercises. http://www.exrx.net/Psychology.html

[This message has been edited by pete (edited 07-07-2004).]

Re: training for MA - 07/07/04 07:52 PM

thx guys for the ideas and support

right now i am off to the gym so ill talk tomorrow, later