Years of total MA Experience...

Posted by: Ed_Morris

Years of total MA Experience... - 06/22/06 11:38 PM

Posted by: Dereck

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/22/06 11:52 PM

4, that is it and I plan to make it more. I am honest when I say I know little in the scheme of things. I am a newbie and have barely got my feet wet. From this forum I have been able to learn far more then I could by doing nothing. At this point in time in my training I am extremely happy where I am and see no need to venture out to learn from others, in fact that stuff comes to us by way of our Instructor and I feel honored to learn under him.

Later as the years go by I would like to venture out and see things for myself ... but it is a scary world out there. For now I'll stay put and live through you people, visit website and listen to others I know. As I get the opportunities to meet others I can learn from them more about their arts and already do so at work with a young lady who trains in Kenpo Karate. Working with a guy in Judo who comes to our school to learn some Taekwondo stand up and some BJJ. From taking seminars. From reading books. Baby steps for sure but moving forward.

Though many years ago I wrestled in school I do not consider this martial arts though it did give me a foundation when learning grappling. So 4 years and going strong.
Posted by: laf7773

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/23/06 01:15 AM

23 total so far. Hoping for many more if i can find a doctor that knows their elbow from their "A" hole.
Posted by: still wadowoman

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/23/06 04:23 AM

Only 12 so a novice compared to many here.
Sharon
Posted by: Cord

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/23/06 04:32 AM

What happened to 3 on the poll? do you want me to round up or round down?
Actually, dont answer that, i know how many hours i put in. Down it is
Posted by: Victor Smith

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/23/06 05:11 AM

Ed,

I'm beginning my 33rd year, and it hurts to count that high.
Posted by: Leo_E_49

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/23/06 07:17 AM

Just over 16 years now.
Posted by: Raul Perez

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/23/06 07:24 AM

11 going on 12 years in Feb 2007.
Posted by: Xibalba

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/23/06 07:25 AM

20...yikes, I'm old! When did that happen?

Peace,
Mike

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/23/06 07:35 AM

Quote:

Wow! You started MA around the time I was born!

P.S. Much respect man, you probably had a black belt when I was still in daipers.
Posted by: harlan

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/23/06 07:43 AM

I'm with Cord...where's 3? Or 2.5, or...

Less than three. A real beginner. But I'd like to point out that there is a qualitative difference between someone who puts in 2 hrs/day for 3 years, vs. once week (I fall into the latter category).

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/23/06 07:44 AM

mine is hard to calculate. about 15 years steady and continuous, then another 15 not steady and on my own. then the past year has been steady. so what is that?
Posted by: RazorFoot

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/23/06 07:52 AM

Working on my 25th year and MattJ has been practicing on my nose for most of that, lol.

Posted by: TeK9

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/23/06 08:15 AM

11 years here.
Posted by: iaibear

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/23/06 09:05 AM

Thirteen years in Muso Shinden Ryu Iaido and
twelve in Aikido, which I figure totals 25.
Suddenly I am feeling old.

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/23/06 09:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Wow! You started MA around the time I was born!

P.S. Much respect man, you probably had a black belt when I was still in daipers.

Thanks Leo. Although it sounds cliche, I still feel like a beginner.

BTW - you must have started young! You started in TKD, right? How old were you? Did you ever feel burnt out from training at such a young age?

I am at the point now where many of the students at the university club where I teach were in diapers or not born yet when I started training. That, to be honest, is an odd feeling. Heck, the fact that many of the adults that I know were born in the 80s feels odd to me.

Peace to all you young'uns!

Mike
Posted by: JohnL

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/23/06 09:36 AM

God this makes me feel old!
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/23/06 10:06 AM

Started in 1984, with a few short breaks here and there.
Posted by: RazorFoot

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/23/06 10:08 AM

Not a few, just a couple.
Posted by: schanne

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/23/06 10:13 AM

1979-2006 and still kick'n

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/23/06 10:36 AM

Quote:

Thanks Leo. Although it sounds cliche, I still feel like a beginner.

Who doesn't? I've yet to meet a good martial artist who doesn't think they've got the whole world of MA ahead of them yet.

Quote:

BTW - you must have started young! You started in TKD, right? How old were you? Did you ever feel burnt out from training at such a young age?

I started in WTF TKD in 1989 at age 4. Story was that my family used to drive past a community centre with a basketball court in our neighbourhood often and there was a TKD class there (TKD was one of the first MA to become properly organised in Singapore). I apparently asked what the guys in the white suits were doing on the court and my mum told me that they were martial artists. Then I insisted that I wanted to join the class every time we passed the place in the car until my parents agreed. (Slightly worse than hearing "are we there yet?" for an extended period of time)

I wasn't allowed to grade until age 6 because of the Singapore TaeKwonDo Federation's policy of not teaching anyone under the age of 5. I don't think I ever felt tired out back then (how many 4 year olds do you know who aren't totally hyperactive? ), although I don't remember it too well.

I was not a great TKDer by any sense of the word, I was average with not much particular talent. It took me 9 years to earn a black belt when most people took 5 years. They usually left after the 5 years were up, where as I had to stick around trying over and over to get to my 1st Poom. I was then a class assistant for a class of around 100 people at age 14 and had a brief shot at the regional tournament circuit but was KOed by the regional champ who was a 2nd Dan aged 20 with several years tournament experience (I think I was ahead of him on points at the time, so I could have won). I was a black belt for another 3 years (during which I earned a full 1st Dan at age 16) before I realised that I wasn't going anywhere. Then I took a year off to study for my final exams and go to university.

In terms of being burnt out, no I don't see why I should be. I can imagine life without MA and the thought is quite horrifying. I guess I could quit anytime I wanted in theory, but in reality I'm stuck here. Now I train to expand my understanding of MA in general (not just TKD) and also because it's great fun.

I tried to quit MA on several occasions (sometimes not going to class for up to 3 months ), to make time for other things in my life, but much to my surprise I've failed each time.
Posted by: Ayub

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/23/06 10:36 AM

You guys trained for more than my whole lifetime
Posted by: IExcalibui2

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/23/06 10:43 AM

wow you guys have lots of years

me? 4 and counting. Yea pretty newbie, what can I say?

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/23/06 10:19 PM

Hoho, looks like we've got at least one member who's spent 40+ years training? Who's the dedicated person who did that?

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/23/06 11:05 PM

not me...I put down 21-25.
Posted by: kusojiji

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/24/06 02:15 AM

Quote:

Though many years ago I wrestled in school I do not consider this martial arts.

Why not?
Posted by: shoshinkan

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/24/06 02:41 AM

21st year of training, looking forward to the next 20.
Posted by: CVV

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/24/06 03:14 AM

1980 - 2006, 26 years
Posted by: srv

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/24/06 06:11 AM

6 years with plans for many many more.
I'm impressed how long some of you guys have been training.
I hope I'm still going 20 years down the track. That's definitely the plan.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/24/06 10:29 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Though many years ago I wrestled in school I do not consider this martial arts.

Why not?

Don't get me wrong, I believe wrestling is a form of martial arts as I do boxing. However for the purpose of this poll I did not include this in my number of years training as it was so long ago and the training was different. I was a teenager then and though it was a priority at that time it was not as over whelming in my life as my training is today. It was a season and when the season was over then it was on to another sport. Now my training is everyday whether it is martial arts, weight lifting or mentally.
Posted by: exceptionist 2

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/24/06 01:41 PM

Around 5 years of "Formal Instruction" and around 6 years of a rapid culmination of MA theorems, urban application "copyrighted", Style conceptualizing, Gi devouring, specificity training, and random sparring; either verbal this Forum( )...and the old fashioned way.

Grand total 10-11 years in.
Posted by: PaulHart

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/24/06 01:51 PM

I started in 1973 with a few months of no physical practice for a shoulder injury and a few months of only doing left handed techniques for a right hand crush injury. I still read and did meditation. Plus I practised Kata in my mind. Other than that, I have continued to practice non stop, even when I wasn't supposed to.
Posted by: Isshinryukid4life

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/24/06 01:55 PM

Will be 20 yrs this december 10th.
Posted by: Jeff_G

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/24/06 04:17 PM

When you walk into the class room and realize that you have stripes on your belt that are older everyone else present, that old thing hits you like a rock in the head. And I'm not talking about the kid's class.
Started in 1968. I thought I had retired three years ago but I don't think that is going to take. My wife just started Kung Fu this week and I work at a major athletic shoe company. The culture there encourages fitness and active participation.
Posted by: Borrek

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/24/06 04:43 PM

I started in 1985, and just today I passed my shito-ryu nii dan test
Posted by: JKogas

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/24/06 04:51 PM

I'm 41. I started when I was thirteen. I've had a few breaks here and there but I've pretty much always been training (about 27, 28 years or so).

-John
Posted by: oldman

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/24/06 05:05 PM

Good job bud.

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/24/06 06:16 PM

Yay for all us 'old-timers!'

May we always be able to whup those young 'uns (or at least keep them THINKING we can whup them!)!

Peace,
Mike
Posted by: butterfly

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/28/06 04:03 PM

Started in 1983. Stumbled a few times, but mostly have practiced steadily, if not completely, for the last 15 years or so. That would make it 23 years for moi.
Posted by: oldman

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/28/06 04:05 PM

Posted by: TimBlack

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/28/06 04:08 PM

1.5... give me credit, I'm only 17 By the way, you guys may be feeling old but I am feeling like the baby boy of the forum
Posted by: Salek

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/29/06 02:09 AM

well i will be coming up on my 5th year here pretty soon in september actually... i just turned 17 in may... as many of you know just got my shodan in shotokan...

i just got back from camp and all these people watching all these tapes of like 20 years ago and for a little bit there i wished i was older and or started earlier but my sensei heard me talking about it and told me that had i joined any earlier i probably would have quit.

so everything worked out i guess
Posted by: Dudley32

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/29/06 08:01 AM

this is my ninth year.

Matt
Posted by: JamesV

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/29/06 08:35 AM

Almost 6 years, not even close to alot of you. I'm 17 though.
Posted by: tkd_high_green

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 06/29/06 10:24 AM

A whopping 2 1/2 years. Just long enough to get thoroughly addicted.

Laura
Posted by: Stormdragon

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 07/01/06 08:08 PM

About 3.5-4 give or take. My experience is unfortunetely more ofa frankenstein construct of methods but what I do seems to work from me. Too many sources though.

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 07/01/06 09:59 PM

Quote by JeffG -

Quote:

Started in 1968.

DAYUUUUUM!!! You have been doing MA longer than I have been alive!

Posted by: TraceyMA

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 07/05/06 02:52 PM

I've been doing Martial Arts for about 13 Years now, What Wild Journey it has been so far, lol

~Scott Tracey
Posted by: Shorinjiryumike

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 07/09/06 11:50 PM

13 years
Posted by: wristtwister

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 07/10/06 12:04 AM

Started on Labor Day week 1962...

Posted by: Karl717

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 07/10/06 06:35 PM

New to this board but... 25 year experience. Started at 12 years old.
Posted by: ButterflyPalm

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 07/11/06 12:05 AM

The scale given has a max of 'over 40 years', so I'll leave it at that.

I belonged to the generation that USED to disagree with Bruce Lee (when he was still with us and I was a student in London) in opening up to westerners

I noticed there is one other dino around here; wonder who that is?
Posted by: Stampede

Years of total MA Experience... - 07/30/06 03:36 PM

17 of the past 22. Started at 5 years old.
Posted by: rideonlythelabel

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 08/01/06 06:20 PM

WOW! A Stampede sighting!
Posted by: mike_b

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 08/04/06 11:40 AM

only 2 for me in BJJ but i plan to continue it for the a long time

also new to the board juss registered last night
Posted by: Taison

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 08/11/06 12:18 PM

Started in 1997 I think. Can't really remember.

Started MT at the age of 8 for fun. The training there seemed more interesting than other camps, so I signed up.

Then expanded into some Kung-fu. Recently got black belt in Kickboxing and jujitsu.

Tried quitting MA a month ago. Today, I signed up for a tournament. Seems, I can't quit.

-Taison out
Posted by: SSKK

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 08/12/06 06:32 PM

Started February 1968....pre Bruce Lee, in the UK anyway...in fact pre nearly everything
Posted by: McSensei

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 08/12/06 07:36 PM

Didn't know quite how to calculate this, but I've done it as follows...

1 year Judo 1981, 3 years Renshinkai karate 82-85.
15 year rampage of drink, drugs and rock and roll.
5 1/2 years Kenshukai karate 2000-2006.
1 years Goshin-ryu Jujutsu 2005-2006.
1 years Combat Arena 2005-2006.
8 months Shorin-ryu karate 2006.

That works out at about 12 years 2 months. Nothing to write home about.
Posted by: Reiki

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 08/16/06 09:07 PM

Mine is also difficult to calculate!

I started about 1968, + did nearly 6yrs of judo

I also spent the next few decades doing martial arts on horseback.. [which I haven't counted in my tally] and I'm *still* doing it!

I started karate just on 6 yrs ago

plus add to the total a year and half of WMA/medieval MA just for kicks!

If you counted what I've done with the horse related MA the grand total would be well over 40 years.

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 08/17/06 08:17 AM

Welcome to the 'WO40 Club' -- Well Over 40 Club.

The inaugural meeting is fixed for 31 September 2006 and the safest place on Earth at the moment appears to be MiddleEarth, partly because no body, especially the 'you-know-whos', knows where it is. I am using part of Ed Morris's 1m to go there, wherever it is at.
Posted by: Reiki

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 08/17/06 10:24 PM

LOL @ Butterflypalm

thankyou!

MiddleEarth is a few kms down the road from me, well bits of it are, - the Hobbiton part anyway. Other bits are a bit further south, but you're all welcome to come.

When are you all coming?? Just so I can be there...

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 08/20/06 05:31 AM

I regret to announce that the meeting has been postponed because I've just being diagnosed as suffering from "poithiphobia" -- fear of pointy things. Prognosis is not encouraging.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 08/21/06 12:31 AM

http://phobialist.com/reverse.html#P-
Quote:

Pointed objects- Aichmophobia.

Posted by: frizzbee

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 08/21/06 05:56 PM

I think I'm the baby here. Only 7 months! I suck, I know, but I love it. I can't imagine stopping! It is so awesome to meet these people who've been doing this longer than I've been alive! (I'm turning 18 tommorow) I love Karate. How did I ever live without it?

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 08/22/06 01:37 AM

Perhaps I stand corrected.

Going down the List, I've discovered another phobia which have recently being the low point of my life due to my semi-retirement which reguires a drastic down-sizing of many hitherto taken for granted activities ---- Medomalacuphobia.

Please keep this to yourself.
Posted by: Comment

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 08/28/06 12:51 PM

I feel young and ignorant.

I did classical foil fencing, weekly, for a couple of years as a teenager. Couple of terms of tai chi weekly when I was 16 (v. badly taught).

Then as an undergrad at Keele, from '95 I trained more rigorously, (2hr twice a week), in the JKA Shotokan university club. Stopped owing to pressure of academic work after 18 months. It was a very good club and kind of spoiled me in terms of looking to restart. However, after about a decade, I am restarting the karate, I am hoping to make a long term habit of it this time.
Posted by: migo

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 09/03/06 04:59 AM

This one's rather tricky, technically I have 7 years of experience, but I only consider 2-3 of them to have been of any use.
Posted by: BulldogTKD

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 09/03/06 10:44 AM

I believe I started in 1975 and that was on my own. I bought a book , Jet ken do and read and practiced. Then that year I met a guy in school that was a BB and he helped me with some training. In 1976 I moved and ended up just gravitating to guys that did MA. When we became friends I didn’t know they were in MA but it was meant to be. The styles were TDK and Shorin Ru. I worked out with my friends until I entered a formal class in collage in 1979 and that style was WTF TKD in Moorhead Minn. I only did that for a year and I joined the USAF and was sent off to the Philippines for 3 yrs. I practiced off and on for that time, but not to serious. Then I moved again and tried to find a good school in Austin TX. I moved again and started up again in 2002 and did ATA for a while and now am back to WTF. Lots of ups and downs in between but I always studied the arts.
Posted by: Chen Zen

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 09/15/06 01:14 AM

Ive been involved in one art or another which puts me at 16 years. Amazingly small percentage there but only half way down the list. Interesting. Just one more thing to show me that I have a long way to go.
Posted by: jkdwarrior

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 09/16/06 06:41 PM

As a kid, i did 3 years of karate

As a teen, i did 3 years of boxing

I've now been doing jkd for 7 years

So 13 years in total, but it's only been in the last four or five that i started practicing every day, so i feel i've only really been a MAist for that long.

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 09/16/06 09:22 PM

I am 41. I started training at age 13 in Kyokushinkai (a lot of which I liked very much). I stayed with that until age 17 when I began studying JKD. Later on would come boxing, wrestling and everything else.

I haven't trained consistently of course over the length of time (13 to 41). Occassionally things would get in the way. Things like education, marriage, children, jobs, etc. But I always managed to get some training in.

At last count, I've been training very consistently for the past 11 years (Brazilian jiu-jitsu/submision wrestling, boxing, savate, muay Thai and some things that some folks might call combatives. Personally I think it's ALL combatives.)

Now I've suffered a shoulder separation that will put an indefinite hold on any further training. It sucks not being able to get on the mats folks. Always train safe and smart.

-John
Posted by: krazykuky

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 09/16/06 09:54 PM

Wow! That's funny.

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 09/16/06 09:59 PM

What's funny?

Posted by: tkdchick89

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 09/16/06 10:58 PM

Wow...compared to some of these people I feel extremely inexperienced...but okay, I'll answer the question. I am 17...and I began taking Judokai Kan Ju Jutsu about 5 and 1/2 years ago...and then I was forced to quit at blue stripe because my shoulder couldn't take the takedowns and extremely rough sparring and grappling, so I joined TKD and I ahve been doiing that along with a little BJJ on the side for 2 years. It's great
Posted by: Chen Zen

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 09/18/06 10:19 PM

Wow John. I knew you were more experienced than me but I had no idea that it was by so much.

Posted by: Zyranyth

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 09/19/06 09:09 AM

16 here. Sheesh. Never thought about that before. 16 years and I still feel as if I knew nothing.
Posted by: Zyranyth

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 09/19/06 09:13 AM

Quote:

Who doesn't? I've yet to meet a good martial artist who doesn't think they've got the whole world of MA ahead of them yet.

Just go to the states. AFAIK there are plenty of MA's there who know EVERYTHING there is to know. =D
Posted by: sungjado

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 09/19/06 09:38 AM

Started back in 1963 when I was 18. Now I'm 61 1/2 and still training and teaching. Time flies when you are having fun.

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 09/19/06 09:55 AM

Welcome to the forums, sungjado.

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 09/19/06 09:52 PM

Another immortal has revealed himself/herself (more likely the former)

Posted by: aikiuke

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 09/29/06 12:22 AM

Started Aikido when I was 12,
did that for about 5 years
then when I was 16, I started Karate too.
but after a year of karate
I quit both aikido and karate for soccer,
[which I hated, and hated myself for doing]

...oh and I also did about 2 months of foil fencing, but that doesn't count to me...

I am still hoping to get back into some martial art,
but am no longer near my old dojo and have yet to really do much research about any local dojos.
exept i'm pretty sure that one is a mc dojo.
Oh, I also think that an other one only exists in an alternate univers.
There must be some kind of glitch in the matrix to make it show up in the phone book,
because I drove by about 4 times and didn't see it.
Posted by: iaibear

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 09/29/06 11:45 AM

Suggestion: Walk by and ask if there is a martial arts studio in the area. Some of the good ones hide pretty well.

That was the case a couple years ago in the Adirondacks where I was spending the summer.
Posted by: Mark Hill

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 09/30/06 02:11 AM

13 years, the last few have been crushed by work and study.

Starting a new training binge soon.
Posted by: clmibb

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 09/30/06 09:03 AM

I started TKD in Feb. 1991. I have dabbled in a couple of other arts (Tai Chi, Kali, Eskrima, Arnis) but my main focus is TKD.
Posted by: Meibukan003

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 10/18/06 01:56 PM

13 years here. One style only.
Posted by: Ronin1966

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 10/19/06 12:38 PM

20-21 years. One art. One teacher. No breaks.

J
Posted by: Ronin1966

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 10/19/06 12:42 PM

Hello Mr. Morris:

Any chance the poll could show the Usernames of folks in the different experience categories? Seen that done on other lists/sites unsure if possible here???

J
Posted by: 47MartialMan

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 10/24/06 11:58 PM

39 Years of MA-not my age
Posted by: Diga

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 10/26/06 10:45 AM

Daang ;-)
I would have liked to add my vote to the 36 to 40 year group but the past 2 years my workouts have been so seldom....I decided to stop my count at 34 years.
Still waiting for the new hip replacement procedure because maybe it will allow me to get back into it when it is fixed. SURE HOPE SO....I miss workouts like crazy.

Nice to be able to chat with you all now and then though.
Posted by: Saisho

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 10/28/06 10:34 AM

I'm in my 20th year of formal training in Okinawan Karate after 2 years of wrestling. I was fortunate enough to have been able to gain a solid foundation for several years before that since my father had trained in Okinawan Karate many years before. He taught me how to protect myself as a child and we both began our formal training in my teens.
Posted by: JoeSan

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 11/02/06 09:04 AM

17 years completed working on the 18th.
Been training in only one style, thinking of starting up a supplimental track, will never quit my original style though!
Posted by: 47MartialMan

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 11/02/06 05:19 PM

Quote:

17 years completed working on the 18th.
Been training in only one style, thinking of starting up a supplimental track, will never quit my original style though!

Great......rarely would there be someone who stays dedicated and loyal
Posted by: ddoa01

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 01/28/07 03:54 AM

I have 17 years total. In sept it'll be 18 years of training. Haven't slowed down a bit "theorectically speaking"
Posted by: BuDoc

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 01/29/07 12:13 AM

Old thread, but I missed it before.

24 years training. I started when I was 10.

Page
Posted by: olga

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 01/29/07 09:38 AM

almost 4 years. I'm just a baby. Aww....
Posted by: corky

Re: Years of total MA Experience... - 09/07/11 01:21 AM

I attended Karate lessons between the ages of 10-14, and then quit as i was more involved in Rugby league. I started Training Wing Chun about a year ago and am planning on sticking with that as long as possible.