Posted by: MattJ

Insane N.Korea military MA demo - 06/05/06 02:12 PM

http://www.subfighter.com/ftopict-34315.html

for language on the site, video in first post
Posted by: kusojiji

Re: Insane N.Korea military MA demo - 06/05/06 02:50 PM

LOL

That's funny.

We should bring our troops back from South Korea. It doesn't look like they'd need our help if that's the extent of Shemp's military training.
Posted by: IExcalibui2

Re: Insane N.Korea military MA demo - 06/05/06 03:04 PM

crazy koreans...
thats some pretty intensive stuff they go through
its like the whole army has like the "iron shirt"
It'd be funny if they try the iron shirt against a bullet, it'll be sad also cause it wouldnt work
now I doubt our Military has that kind of hand to hand combat training...well because USA doesnt have a single Martial Art they glorify.
I wonder what would Bush think if he saw this...
Posted by: Supremor

Re: Insane N.Korea military MA demo - 06/05/06 03:13 PM

Quote:

We should bring our troops back from South Korea. It doesn't look like they'd need our help if that's the extent of Shemp's military training.

Isn't that North Korea in the video? I think I've seen some of this footage before, certainly a bit nutty on the conditioning side. I don't think European or American troops would be allowed to undergo that kind of training, it's pretty close to torture if you ask me.
Posted by: Cord

Re: Insane N.Korea military MA demo - 06/05/06 03:39 PM

Thats crazy! Its what would happen if Sonny Chiba joined the Shaolin Monk performing troupe.

I would add another warning to Matt's , there is graphic slo-mo of a dog blowing itself up under a tank. I know its a culture that does not asign much sentimantality to canine's, but I found it upsetting, as others may also.
Posted by: ShikataGaNai

Re: Insane N.Korea military MA demo - 06/05/06 04:31 PM

Thanks for the warning
Posted by: SpeedyGonzales

Re: Insane N.Korea military MA demo - 06/05/06 04:46 PM

Quote:

...please don't joke about this. I know I'm being a hardass about this but my family's from North Korea, we really need American troops in South Korea or the damn commies would be able to get away with a lot more and America wouldn't have an excuse to get involved and soom my entire country would be destroyed.

Re: Insane N.Korea military MA demo - 06/05/06 04:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Isn't that North Korea in the video? I think I've seen some of this footage before, certainly a bit nutty on the conditioning side. I don't think European or American troops would be allowed to undergo that kind of training, it's pretty close to torture if you ask me.

O wait that's what me meant?

Yes, this is North Korea.

But it doesn't mean anything, they sent about 500 of these experts as spies to South Korea and most were either caught or chased back.

What's really concerning is their nuclear programs....

Re: Insane N.Korea military MA demo - 06/05/06 04:55 PM

Quote:

I would add another warning to Matt's , there is graphic slo-mo of a dog blowing itself up under a tank. I know its a culture that does not asign much sentimantality to canine's, but I found it upsetting, as others may also.

It's not the culture, it's the f----- dictatorship, and it's not just canines, they do this with human lives, they just don't release videos of that part.
Posted by: Benjamin1986

Re: Insane N.Korea military MA demo - 06/05/06 04:55 PM

The large group forms were almost certainly real (reminds me eerily of a Nazi propaganda video I saw on the history channel). However, certain parts were obviously displays (one man pulling a battalion in a truck? That training would take all day just for the battalion, can't be representative of the average soldier). Also, all the "all on one" exercises were almost certainly choreographed or independent martial arts masters. An army doesn't train one man to take on a room, but to work as a team. As for the rest, the military parts didn't look that different from the US army's training videos.

Shameful for a country accepting billions of dollars in food aid every year to spend so much on its army.
Posted by: IExcalibui2

Re: Insane N.Korea military MA demo - 06/05/06 05:02 PM

Quote:

Shameful for a country accepting billions of dollars in food aid every year to spend so much on its army.

Well I wouldnt say shameful. Money for the military doesnt necessarily reflect the skills and training of the soldiers. It could have been invested in research and weapons and such.

But back to the MA-ness of the film. Though of course it is similar to regular military stuff when I saw the guy sliding down the rope and shooting targets with a 9mm, that was very impressive as is the guy dodging throwing knives, and the guy taking a machete to the stomach. I mean it shows how very discipline and trained the Korean soldiers are. Their day probably consists of sleeping, eating and training..all day everyday for like the rest of their "young" lives...very Shaolin monk like i would say.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Insane N.Korea military MA demo - 06/05/06 08:45 PM

I would ask all members to please keep the discussion to the aspects of Martial Arts in this video, and not to political discussions.
Posted by: BrianS

Re: Insane N.Korea military MA demo - 06/06/06 03:26 AM

No wonder they lost. After all of that training they are all half dead,lol.

Re: Insane N.Korea military MA demo - 06/06/06 04:14 AM

Quote:

No wonder they lost. After all of that training they are all half dead,lol.

1. Not Funny
2. All of Korea lost that war, there were no winners...
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Insane N.Korea military MA demo - 06/06/06 08:38 AM

I guess people don't know how to read.