Practice Muay Thai at home from Muay Thai articles

Posted by: thaiboxing

Practice Muay Thai at home from Muay Thai articles - 01/10/06 09:47 AM

I've found an interesting articles about Muay Thai (Thai Boxing)
I think it can be useful for anyone who wants to practice at home or gym
I suggest you check it out

ThaiBoxingSuit.com's article

ps. the old link was broken, and i couldn't edit it
Posted by: Raul Perez

Re: Practice Muay Thai at home from Muay Thai articles - 01/10/06 09:59 AM

you cant practice muay thai at home

stop the insanity..... now!
Posted by: thaiboxing

Re: Practice Muay Thai at home from Muay Thai articles - 01/10/06 06:27 PM

so what's wromg?
can't you practice it at home?
Posted by: Taison

Re: Practice Muay Thai at home from Muay Thai articles - 01/11/06 09:04 AM

No you can't. . .

If you could, why would I spend 8 years practicing at a school, under a master.

MT is not just punch, kick, knee and elbow the sandbag. For your knowledge, MT consists of grappling, clinch-work and many stuff, people who learn at home will never know. If you could learn from home, why would so many Americans/Brittish come to Thailand yearly to spend their time at a gym, busting their [Censored till the end] off? ?

Stop the insanity, and don't disgrace MT by saying, you can learn it at home. What's next? Learn Shotokan in 12 lessons at home? Or learn BJJ easy with 2 DVDs for $120?

-Taison out
Posted by: Leo_E_49

Re: Practice Muay Thai at home from Muay Thai arti - 01/11/06 09:20 AM

Agreed, you can't.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Practice Muay Thai at home from Muay Thai arti - 01/11/06 09:23 AM

There's a difference in learning Muay Thai(or any art) at home and practicing at home. Neither should be done solely at home, but one can/should be done at home.

yes?
Posted by: Taison

Re: Practice Muay Thai at home from Muay Thai articles - 01/11/06 10:02 AM

First things first. . .

That site copied it's pictures from www.muaythai.com which I find rather rude.

Secondly, you think those moves work like that? AH! Try learning TKD's Spinning Back hook kick. . I wonder if it's like in the books.

Thirdly, do you believe in wanna-be newbies who learn MT for 3 months and publish various bullshido or do you want to study under qualified teachers who has had at least 10 years of training under their belt?

-Taison out
Posted by: Raul Perez

Re: Practice Muay Thai at home from Muay Thai articles - 01/11/06 12:55 PM

To piggy back Taison,

All I'm saying is if you could study MT at home... then somebody needs to tell the children in Thailand that basically live at the Muay Thai camps that they can go home and study this and stop wasting their time at a gym.

But no one will because this is reality... the reality of it is that Muay Thai is practiced at a Muay Thai facility which has instructors and the correct equipment to facilitate all the known 8 weapons of Muay Thai, combinations, conditioning, etc.

Regards,

Raul
Posted by: BigRod

Re: Practice Muay Thai at home from Muay Thai articles - 01/14/06 08:57 AM

thaiboxing,

Hopefully you know that you can't become a proficient, well-oiled fighting machine in MT from reading articles and practicing solo at home. In fact, I'm sure you know that, if for no other reason several people have told you so.

You can try to learn some of the basic mechanics. I would suggest investing in a decent VHS/DVD set if possible though. That would be far superior to reading articles.

If you were diligent with your self study, you might learn enough to get the idea of the techniques and maybe, maybe get a slight head start on things when you are able to get into a MT class.

Do you intend on taking an MT class at some point? If so, then sure, go ahead spend some time playing around with the stuff. But if you think you can learn enough in your backyard to actually go out and try to use it, without proper instruction, don't bother.