Tiger Shulman's

Posted by: CobraLionz

Tiger Shulman's - 10/10/05 10:22 PM

I'm bored. Does anyone know what happened to the dojo known as tiger shulman's?
Posted by: queenmedic

Re: Tiger Shulman's - 10/10/05 11:05 PM

As far as I know they are still around.
Posted by: schanne

Re: Tiger Shulman's - 10/11/05 09:23 AM

Mr Schulmann is still around and doing "very, very well", we have a few in South Jersey. The man followed a plan and became very successful through a good media campain. Not going into details but they claim to be into grappling too, last month one of our red belts went there with a friend on a visit pass and tapped out the gappling instructor (BB) of the dojo with in a few seconds, very embarassing. He has all different types of programs.... IMHO are very pricy. Some people like that type of atmosphere to train under but to me it is very "Factoryish".... to each his owne. If you joined his school with a positive attitude I'm sure you would do well and also vice versa.

http://www.tsk.com/
Posted by: oldman

Re: Tiger Shulman's - 10/11/05 10:06 AM

They must be doing something well.
Posted by: JasonM

Re: Tiger Shulman's - 10/11/05 10:31 AM

TSK has a school from my home town in PA. I was not impressed and at the time I did not know the term "McDojo". This was around early 1990's.

Again, must be doing something right...
Posted by: Fletch1

Re: Tiger Shulman's - 10/11/05 11:42 AM

I'd rather not see this thread turn into a TSK bashfest. The organization has a checkered past due to their business practices. That's pretty much it.

They have a "Competition Team" or "Fight Club" which may or may not be completely made up of ringers. They have had success in Local and National level grappling comps and some smaller MMA events. 99.99% of their students and instructors are not members of their "Fight Club".