Ninjitsu

Posted by: cantthinkofaname

Ninjitsu - 09/22/05 06:00 PM

Hey, ive reacently taken Ninjitsu lessons but my parents couldnt pay for it any more. Do you know where i could get lessons online for free? Try and catch me back!
Posted by: cxt

Re: Ninjitsu - 09/22/05 06:15 PM

I could, but its going to cost you.

What are you willing to pay me for access to free on-line lessons?

Re: Ninjitsu - 09/22/05 06:18 PM

kinda depends.......

Re: Ninjitsu - 09/22/05 06:47 PM

And, the definition of free is without charge.... And the martial arts in old times were about passing down teachings NOT MAKING MONEY!!!! the modern times have POSINED martial arts into a money making buisness instead of the TRUE meaning...consider that..........
Posted by: kenposan

Re: Ninjitsu - 09/22/05 09:15 PM

It's not about making money. I know you are sincere about learning if you are willing to invest in the training. And by invest, I mean money. Why? Money is limited and precious. If you are willing to part with it, I know you are earnest in your desire to learn. If I give my teachings away to anyone for free, who knows what level of commitment there is.

Re: Ninjitsu - 09/22/05 09:49 PM

Maybe i dont have money and if i knew ninjitsu i would make a site for those willing to learn. and id use my money to pay for it so i can fufill kids dreams of free teachings at any time.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Ninjitsu - 09/22/05 09:52 PM

There are lots of sites where you can do research on ninjutsu. Learning it however, should only be done from a qualified instructor.

Wait till you get some money and find an instructor. It will be worth the wait, especially if you do your research now.
Posted by: kenposan

Re: Ninjitsu - 09/22/05 10:27 PM

Let me try the direct approach.

YOU CAN'T LEARN MARTIAL ARTS ONLINE.

Martial arts require face to face contact with a qualified instructor. Videos, books, websites, etc. are only adjunct material.
Posted by: paradoxbox

Re: Ninjitsu - 09/23/05 01:43 AM

you can't learn MA online (especially not ninjutsu) there is NO bujinkan, genbukan or jinenkan instructor that even offers to teach online.

Look up a dojo from one of the 3 organizations i mentioned above and take it from there.
Posted by: Kevin Ly

Re: Ninjitsu - 09/23/05 01:58 AM

HA!

If you took lessons before, you better just practiced what you learned and be happy.
Posted by: GojuRyuboy13

Re: Ninjitsu - 09/23/05 02:02 AM

GojuRyuboy, do not insult others on this forum.

-Joel
Posted by: trevek

Re: Ninjitsu - 09/23/05 12:29 PM

Hi cantthinkofaname,

I think you'll find that MA have often been taught for a price ever since the beginning. Even if this meant signing your life away in service to the master or entering a monastery.

If you look at Ninjutsu, well it was taught amongst clans for the purpose of hiring out the skills of the ninja.

Anyway, back to your question. As many folk have said, you can't really learn without an instructor and it could be dangerous to try (for yourself and others). One suggestion was good, keep practicing what you already know, then you can supplement it with fitness training and maybe some other arts, like wrestling or boxing which would be of use to your Ninjutsu when you start up again.

It might also be worth talking with the sensei and letting him/her know why you aren't training at the moment and asking if you could at least come and watch or maybe help out at the dojo until you are able to start training again. This would show you are interested and maybe some of the other guys could show you some stuff.

I don't know how old you are but maybe try a part-time job. This would also show your parents you are serious about continuing your ninjutsu.

Good Luck,

TREV:-)
Posted by: cxt

Re: Ninjitsu - 09/23/05 12:45 PM

Know what I find interesting.

Its always the folks that want you to give them stuff for free and make it "easy" to learn--say net lessons, that seem to be the same folks that want to lecture others about the "true meaning" of the martial arts.

The "true meaning" of martial arts ALSO tells people to respect their elders, to work hard and not expect things to be just handed to you, to be polite at all times and in all situations, to show sincerity in seeking out training--finding the right school and person to train with is not easy--nor should it be.

Always kinda makes me sad when folks only focus on PART of the teachings--usually just the sections that they serve THIER needs at the time.

And ignore the rest.

They also seem totally uninterested in quality--they just want some kind of "quick and easy" thing.

Like everyone has said--you can't learn martial arts on the net.
Basic common sense--yet they don't care.
They want what they want, they want it now, and they don't want to work for it.

Like I said, kinda makes me sad--they are cheating themselves and they neither know or care.

Re: Ninjitsu - 09/23/05 05:18 PM

practice 1 move, hmm.... im not going to make sexual references on this site... and the only lesson palce NOW (the old one quit) is an hour drive and like 500 a month!! are you kidding me dude....
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Ninjitsu - 09/23/05 05:25 PM

Canthinkofaname -

I think you have pretty much gotten your answer. You cannot learn martial arts over the internet. Find an instructor, or practice what you can until you CAN find an instructor.

Good luck. Thread locked.