Inspiring Quotes

Posted by: Dereck

Inspiring Quotes - 08/02/05 12:00 PM

I was watching one of my favorite movies this past weekend. Some of the things they said are inspiring that can be used in ones training.

"When you are weak act strong. And when you are strong you pretend your are weak."" - Brian Dennehy (Horn - Gladiator - 1992)

"Fighting is not hitting, any fool can hit. Fighting is making the other fella miss. He miss, he think, he worry. It's a mind game." - Ossie Davis (Noah - Gladiator - 1992)

"You're angry and that is what is going to get you beat out there. Anger is your enemy. Out think him and then get in there and out fight him." - Ossie Davis (Noah - Gladiator - 1992)

Quotes can be inspiring for both ones training and ones life. I see many have quotes in their profile signatures that fit into this category, so if you have some that you want to share please do so. They can be from famous people, movies, books or any other source.
Posted by: hedkikr

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/02/05 12:04 PM

"Fear is the mind-killer" (Dune)

Posted by: Leo_E_49

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/02/05 12:05 PM

"Nothing in the world
is as soft and yielding as water.
Yet for dissolving the hard and inflexible,
nothing can surpass it.

The soft overcomes the hard;
the gentle overcomes the rigid.
Everyone knows this is true,
but few can put it into practice."

Tao Te Ching ch. 78
Posted by: glad2bhere

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/02/05 12:11 PM

Speaking of movies---

"......

“Oh, so now you would even give The Devil benefit of law!”

“And what would you do, Roper, cut down every law to get after The Devil?”

“Yes. To get The Devil, I’d cut down every law in England!”

“And when The Devil turned ‘round on you, Roper, where would you hide, all the laws being flat? This country is sown coast to coast, with laws--- men’s laws, not God’s. And if you cut them down --- oh, and you’re JUST the man to do it----- do you really think you could stand in the winds that would blow then? No, Roper, I would give The Devil benefit of law for my own safety’s sake. “

.................."

Dialogue between Thomas More and his son-in-law.
-MAN FOR ALL SEASONS

Best Wishes,

Bruce
Posted by: Christie

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/02/05 12:14 PM

Those are very good quotes Dereck, thank you. Here are some quotes that I like:

"Success is traveling from failure to failure with undiminished enthusiasm" -Churchill

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"It's not the belt that gives the champion respect, but the champion that gives the belt respect." -Shane Douglas

"Everyday you don't workout—someone else does!" -Unknown

"Fall seven times, stand up eight." -Japanese Proverb

"It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop." -Confucius

"If your mind is empty, it is always ready for anything; it is open to everything. In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s mind there are few." -Shunryu Suzuki

"Eighty percent of success is showing up." -Woody Allen

"The expert at anything was once a beginner." -Hayes

"If you think your good enough, you've just started your decline." -Unknown

"Talent without discipline is like an octopus on roller skates. There’s plenty of movement; but you never know if it’s going to be forwards, backwards, or sideways." -Unknown

"The first five black belt ranks come from what you've gotten out of the system, the next ranks come from what you've given back. " -Unknown

"Anger is only one letter short of danger. " -Unknown

"Beware the fury of a patient man." -Jake (The Snake) Roberts, professional wrestler

"Without a struggle, there can be no progress." -Frederick Douglass

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." -Samurai Maxim

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." -Maya Angelou
Posted by: Kintama

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/02/05 01:28 PM

To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right.
--Confucius

Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing.
- Clive James

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/02/05 01:44 PM

Quote:

Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing.
- Clive James

I like that one
Posted by: harlan

sensible quote - 08/02/05 02:08 PM

I like 'inspiring' quotes, and have my little index box full of them. But, to me they are like cake...delightful but something I can take just so much of. Being more pragmatic, a Yankee, I also like sensible quotes.

"All that glitters is not gold." - Shakespeare

"A word to the wise is enough." - Anon.
Posted by: kickcatcher

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/02/05 02:22 PM

"Don't - throw - those - bloody - spears - at - me"
Michael Caine, Zulu

"Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'safe' that I wasn't previously aware of."
Douglas Adams

"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."
Winston Churchill

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."
Oscar Wilde

"Now use head for something other than target."
Mr Miyagi

Re: sensible quote - 08/02/05 02:45 PM

How about quotes/phrases we hear all the time on the forum? here's some off the top of my head...how many times have you heard these:

"Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater."
"Your mileage may vary."
"It's not Rocket Science."
"At the end of the day..."
"works for me, but your results may vary"
"For what it's worth. FWIW."

[edit]most of which are sensible, just overused ..."In My Honest Opinion IMHO".

fightingarts #1 piece of advice - 08/02/05 02:52 PM

Quote:

I suggest that you find a qualified instructor.

Re: sensible quote - 08/02/05 02:55 PM

Quote:

"It's not Rocket Science."

haha... I've always loved this one because I'm going to school for Aerospace Engineering so I get to say "as a matter of fact it IS rocket science" hehe... I even have a t-shirt!

Here's one I hear from Sanchin31 a lot "Chrisite - stop your whining"
Posted by: GaryHanson

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/03/05 07:55 AM

The one I like:

Some famous person once said:
When getting upset please remember that it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 14 to smile.
... But I think, if you know karate, it takes only 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack the idiot in the head.
Posted by: coxne

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/03/05 08:27 AM

"Make your strategy to fight like it is you verse ten. Make your tactics ten vs one." I don't remember who said this.
Posted by: glad2bhere

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/03/05 08:42 AM

" To be noone but yourself, in a World that is working to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle a person can fight--- and to never stop fighting."

Best Wishes,

Bruce

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/03/05 08:58 AM

"A knife cannot carve its own handle."
-Korean proverb
Posted by: fattts14

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/03/05 09:54 AM

"he who wants to lead the orchestra, must first turn his back to the crowd" ]
Posted by: Shidokai

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/03/05 10:31 AM

Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

If your competition does 50 push-ups, you do 51. If they go the extra mile, you go the extra 10. If they are fast, be faster If they are smart, be brilliant. If they have the bigger hammer, you have the sharper nail.

Don't solve problems, anticipate them. Don't promise results, get them. Treat every challenge as an opportunity in work clothes.

Know that well done is better than well said; that it is not just the hours you put in, but what you put into the hours.

Let others dream of worthy accomplishments. That's okay. You stay awake and do them. There is plenty of room at the top, but not enough to sit down.

In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

- All by Teddy Roosevelt, America's First MMA practitioner

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/03/05 10:33 AM

My personal favorite of Teddy's was:

'Speak softly but carry a big stick'.

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/03/05 10:42 AM

this is a great thread topic

"as a well spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death" Leonardo

"ten thousand fools proclaim themselves into obscurity, while one man forgets himself inyo mortality" Martin Luther King
Posted by: nextbrucelee

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/03/05 10:53 AM

"To conquer others is only victory. To conquer the self is mastery"

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/03/05 12:58 PM

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training"

"Fear is the true opiate of combat."

The more you sweat in training, the less you will bleed in battle. - Motto of Navy Seals

It is easy to kill someone with a slash of a sword. It is hard to be impossible for others to cut down - Yagyu Munenori

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/03/05 01:13 PM

"In every company there are the Dreamers, the Manipulators, the Talkers, the Complainers, the Idealists and the Doers. Together they help to make a company successful and prosperous. But it is because of the Doers who are the task-orientated people and the backbone of every successful company that bring it all together.

For without the Doers there would be nobody to make the dreams come true, there would be nobody to be manipulated, nobody to listen, nobody to pick up the pieces and nobody to implement the ideas.

So to all of the Doers who feel less important, who are passed over for promotions or not rewarded for their efforts, know that your role is as important as the others if not the most important of all. And though it feels thankless please feel confident in the fact that because of you the Dreamers will dream another day, the Manipulators will manipulate again, the Talkers will talk, the Complainers will continue to find fault and the Idealists will come up with more ideas.

For it is because of you, the Doers of the world, that make all things possible. Keep up the good work."
- Dereck; 2000

Not really martial arts related but works for life in general that does affect martial arts. Did at work years ago to inspire many people and it worked. I am a Doer.

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/03/05 02:59 PM

The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly.
Theodore Roosevelt

Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat.
Malcolm Forbes
Posted by: kempo_jujitsu

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/03/05 06:32 PM

'there is no shame in defeat, if one has sought to win"
'you can do anything you like, but you can't always do it alone'
Posted by: Reiki

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/03/05 08:35 PM

"Do or Do Not, There is No Try" "
- Yoda -

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/03/05 08:38 PM

and

The Reiki Promise:
Just for today I will not worry.
Just for today I will count all of my blessings.
Just for today I will do my work honestly.
Just for today I will respect and honour all living creatures on this planet.
Posted by: GaryHanson

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/04/05 06:51 AM

While "good" is better than "bad"
it is also the true enemy of "best"

Gary
Posted by: SANCHIN31

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/04/05 06:45 PM

"What doesn't kill you,makes you stronger."
Posted by: WoundedRonin

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/04/05 07:00 PM

There is something to be learned from a rainstorm,
when meeting with a sudden shower you try not to get wet and run quickley down the road, doing such things as passing under the eves of houses you still get wet.
when you are resolved from the beginning you will not be perplexed even though you get the same soaking,
this extends to all things,
Posted by: Foolsgold

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/04/05 09:09 PM

Quote:

"Make your strategy to fight like it is you verse ten. Make your tactics ten vs one." I don't remember who said this.

That's my favorite so far.
Posted by: Ares278

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/05/05 04:23 PM

Quote:

There is something to be learned from a rainstorm,
when meeting with a sudden shower you try not to get wet and run quickley down the road, doing such things as passing under the eves of houses you still get wet.
when you are resolved from the beginning you will not be perplexed even though you get the same soaking,
this extends to all things,

isnt that out of bushido because i think remeber reading something like that in bushido
anyway i got some quotes
"nothing can be achieved withough first trying"
"evan the best swordsman in the world can simply be killed by a idiot with a gun"

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/05/05 04:27 PM

Quote:

"nothing can be achieved withough first trying"

I like this ... so true. Works well for martial arts. Goes with if doesn't work the first time ... try, try again.
Posted by: Ares278

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/05/05 05:27 PM

thanks glad you liked it i made up myself. i now have more confidence to reply more to posts since i am new here
Posted by: shorthair

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/05/05 07:27 PM

Shut up and train.
Posted by: Cord

Re: sensible quote - 08/06/05 01:12 PM

Quote:

"All that glitters is not gold." - Shakespeare

Hate to be picky, but the original quote uses the word 'glisters' not 'glitters'- its an often mis-quoted modernisation. I know it is pedantic but its one that always grates on me, sorry

'You make a decision and act on it. Anything else is manipulation of an un-commited mind' A. Schwarzennegger.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/06/05 01:21 PM

Great stuff so far. One of my favorites -

Do the right thing.

- Spike Lee
Posted by: CatnPhx

Re: sensible quote - 08/06/05 01:23 PM

Patton on Leadership - "I'd rather go to battle with a lion leading 100 sheep than a sheep leading 100 lions."

Bruce Lee - "The key to immortality is first to live a life worth remembering."
Posted by: kempo_jujitsu

Re: sensible quote - 08/06/05 05:54 PM

"in a dog eat dog world....i'd rather be a tiger" tom saviano, white tiger kenpo.
one of my personal favorites is:
"try to be honest against everybody...but once you get shafted by somebody.....realllly whack em!!" jon bluming
Posted by: JamesLightningBolton

Re: sensible quote - 08/07/05 02:19 AM

Bruce Lee - "The conciousness of self is the greatest hindrance to the proper execution of all physical action."

that one has stuck with me...very, very true.

Bruce Lee - "To see a thing uncolored by one's own personal preferences and desires is to see it in its own pristine simplicity"

Re: sensible quote - 08/07/05 02:38 AM

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal" - Hanna Moore
Posted by: eyrie

Re: sensible quote - 08/07/05 07:43 AM

"We will either find a way, or make one"
- Hannibal
Posted by: tomo

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/07/05 11:07 AM

"martial art like any art, is an expression of the human being" Bruce Lee

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/07/05 11:55 AM

The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.

My T-shirt
Posted by: rideonlythelabel

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/07/05 02:38 PM

Your next opponent is out there training twice as hard and complaining half as much.
Posted by: Foolsgold

Re: sensible quote - 08/07/05 09:33 PM

Quote:

"All that glitters is not gold."

It's like me! Beautiful, but worthless.
Posted by: etaks86

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/08/05 10:25 AM

"follow the bravery of your heart without heart you can't see hope, follow the logic of your mind without logic your mind is chaos, follow the instinct of your gut without that your just guessing"
yeah i know this isn't that good but i just made it up real fast because i couldn't think of a good quote i wanted to use.
Posted by: eyrie

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 08/11/05 11:37 PM

To forget how to dig the Earth and tend the soil is to forget Our selves.

- Mohandas K Ghandi
Posted by: NeoSaturn

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 09/06/05 11:24 PM

Most men love money and security more, and creation and construction less, as they get older.

The day is not far off when the economic problem will take the back seat where it belongs, and the arena of the heart and the head will be occupied or reoccupied, by our real problems - the problems of life and of human relations, of creation and behavior and religion

For at least another hundred years we must pretend to ourselves and to every one that fair is foul and foul is fair; for foul is useful and fair is not. Avarice and usury and precaution must be our gods for a little longer still.

Education: the inculcation of the incomprehensible into the indifferent by the incompetent.

all by Maynard J keenan
Posted by: Stormdragon

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 09/07/05 11:13 AM

Pain is weakness leaving the body- USMC

2 hit's, I hit you, you hit the floor- The breakfast club
Posted by: Benjamin

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 09/07/05 11:18 AM

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

Pain is temporary, glory is permanant.
Posted by: Galen

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 09/07/05 11:29 AM

Do not seek a role model in what others have become. Seek one instead in what you have the potential to be.

Nothing imperfect is the measure of anything.

The difference between winning and losing is the number of times you are willing to get up after being knocked down.

G
Posted by: MAGr

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 09/07/05 11:34 AM

"Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone"
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Posted by: CA_Isshinryu

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 09/07/05 03:32 PM

Life is problems. Living is solving problems.

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 09/15/05 02:48 PM

"Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you speak to them." -Unknown
Posted by: DizzyDogg6803

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 09/15/05 03:47 PM

I dont know if this has been posted yet but I have always liked this quote by Bruce Lee.

"Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."
Posted by: butterfly

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 09/15/05 03:54 PM

OK..OK... From Enter the Dragon, if I remember correctly:

"So, Mr. Breakwaith, why don't you take a 45 and go bang?"

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 09/15/05 05:46 PM

The object of living is work, experience, happiness. There is joy in work, all that money can do is buy us someone else's work in exchange for our own. There is no happiness except in the realization that we have accomplished something. - Henry Ford

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 09/15/05 06:33 PM

'Its horrible- like being drunk '
'Whats so bad about being drunk? '
'Ask a glass of water'

Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 09/16/05 06:53 AM

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans - John Lennon

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 09/16/05 09:15 AM

"I think I may need a bathroom break. Is this possible?"

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 10/19/06 11:31 AM

"Avoid the crowd. Do your own thinking
independently. Be the chess player, not the chess
piece. ”

~ Ralph Charell
Posted by: Zombie Zero

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 10/19/06 12:57 PM

Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid. -- The Duke
Posted by: Ket

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 10/20/06 12:39 AM

Said this to someone when I was workin' at a fast food joint. He was flippin' out about the job.

"Buddy, at the end of the day it's jus' fries and tater tots. Grab a smoke"

Then there are ...

"Life is a tide ...Ride it out, or you'll jus' get wet."

"We all follow a path. In each path you may come across potholes. Some hidden, some plain as day. Try not to trip over ALL of them, atleast."

"Damn I'm Pretty."

And my personal favorite ...my own signature.

-Ket
Posted by: iaibear

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 10/20/06 09:04 AM

Quote:

"Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone"
Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Corollary:
Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Snore and you sleep alone.
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 10/20/06 09:27 AM

Barney: You're afraid to tell Wilma, aren't you?

Fred: Afraid? Now let's get this straight, Rubble. I don't need permission from my wife to make a decision. In my cave, I reign supreme. SUPREME!

Barney: I won't tell her, Fred.

Fred: Thanks pal.

-The Flintstones
Posted by: fileboy2002

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 10/21/06 06:15 PM

My 3 favorite inspirational quotes:

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

"Well, you got yourself a man-whore."

"Free beer."
Posted by: exceptionist 2

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 10/22/06 09:03 PM

1. "Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer." - Major Holdridge

2. "He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened. He who conquers others has physical strength.
He who conquers himself is strong." -Tao-te Chin

3. -And further, the disciple is clearly conscious in his going and coming; clearly conscious in looking forward and backward, clearly conscious in bending and stretching (any part of hi body); clearly conscious in eating, drinking, chewing and tasting: clearly conscious in discharging excrement and urine, clearly conscious in walking, standing, sitting, falling asleep and awakening; clearly conscious in speaking and in keeping silent.

Buddha Sakyamuni
Posted by: 5353

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 10/24/06 07:21 PM

"pain is weakness leaving the body"
Posted by: wristtwister

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 10/24/06 09:30 PM

We do not train to win or lose, but to remain undefeated...
Japanese saying.

When you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there...

Posted by: 5353

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 10/25/06 11:33 AM

success is'nt the victory the journey is
Posted by: clmibb

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 10/25/06 01:43 PM

"I may be drunk but you're ugly; and I'll be sober in the morning." - Churchill

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 09/10/07 03:34 PM

bump!

Just came across this one...and really liked it.

"Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive."

-Josephine Hart
Posted by: Zombie Zero

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 09/10/07 03:53 PM

"You got to go through Hell before you get to Heaven" -- Steve Miller Band, Jet Airliner

"When you start to doubt yourself, the real world will eat you alive." -- Rollins Band, Shine

"Give up your lust for the rich man's gold. All that you need is in your soul." -- Lynyrd Skynyrd, Simple Man
Posted by: Taison

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 09/11/07 06:44 AM

"It ain't over til' it's over" - Rocky Balboa

"Say the whole world must learn of our peaceful ways... by force" - Bender?

And that last one . . . see my signature. By me of course.

-Taison out
Posted by: shills11

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 09/11/07 10:12 AM

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place It will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me or nobody is going to hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much can you take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!
Posted by: Cavocer

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 09/11/07 11:22 AM

Life isn't fair. That doesn't mean you can't win.
Posted by: Kimo2007

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 09/11/07 11:51 AM

I got 2 words for you Shut the F*** up-(Midnight run)
Posted by: JMWcorwin

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 09/11/07 01:23 PM

"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there is nothing left to do, and nothing else to pursue"

"It is bad when one thing becomes two. One should not look for anything else in the Way of the Samurai. It is the same for anything that is called a Way. If one understands things in this manner, he should be able to hear about all ways and be more and more in accord with his own."

"According to what one of the elders said, taking an enemy on the battlefield is like a hawk taking a bird. Even though it enters into the midst of a thousand of them, it gives no attention to any bird than the one it first marked. "

--exerpts from Hagakure used in "Ghost Dog".

and

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

--Theodore Roosevelt

"To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill."-- Sun-Tsu

"Power is created in the mind, Rooted in the feet, developed in the legs, directed by the hips, transferred through the torso, focused in the feet or hands and felt in the spirit." -- C. J. Doyle

K, that's enough.

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 09/12/07 10:04 AM

The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.
anon
Posted by: VDJ

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 09/12/07 06:43 PM

"I see !" - The Blind Man

"80 % of the people don't give a crap about your problems. The other 20% are just happy they're not theirs" - My Brother

VDJ

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 09/14/07 03:59 PM

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Water = Poop; Wine & Beer = Health
Therefore, it's better to drink wine & beer and talk stupid,
than to drink water and be full of sh-t.
Posted by: sunspots

Re: Inspiring Quotes - 09/14/07 04:45 PM

"Anything unattempted remains impossible." (source unknown)

" There's no use trying to be a gazelle if you're a rhinocerous." (AKK Sensei Michael Stevenson)