karate!!!

Posted by: MuayThai

karate!!! - 12/01/03 02:38 PM

Who was watching british eurosport tonight? The karate was interesting, no punching to the head but never-the-less the blows these guys were giving each other were pretty damn hard and without padding! I enjoyed it...

....kyoshin karate??? haha, forgive me if I spelt it wrong.

I am glad I watched it. This art form looks like anything but "dead"!

[This message has been edited by MuayThai (edited 12-01-2003).]
Posted by: Raul Perez

Re: karate!!! - 12/01/03 02:43 PM

Hey Muay Thai,

Probably what you watched was Kyukoshinkai developed by Mas Oyama. Very "hard" system of karate with a tough tournament. Jkogas, if I remember correctly, studied it for a while.

Kind regards,

Raul
Posted by: JKogas

Re: karate!!! - 12/01/03 02:51 PM

Kyokushinkai it is, and it was Oyama's creation. Those boys are always tough and balls out. My hat's off to them. Now if they'd just allow for throws and ground fighting we'd have real fighting.

-John
Posted by: Big Bear

Re: karate!!! - 12/01/03 03:02 PM

i watched a bit of it MT. It looked pretty cool.

i had a clip of drunken kung fu against Kyokushinkai karate guys. It was funny as the karate guys destroyed the kung fu guys. I deleted the cli but i'll get it again and once i do i'll share it with the lot of you.
Posted by: mrhubbs

Re: karate!!! - 12/02/03 07:03 PM

Big Bear,

I downloaded that same clip. Not only did the Kyokushin guys destroy their opponents, they looked almost bored while doing it. I really thought one of them might break out into a yawn after landing one of several kicks to the head. It was an obvious reminder to keep things simple.

David

Re: karate!!! - 12/03/03 02:05 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mrhubbs:
Big Bear,

I downloaded that same clip. Not only did the Kyokushin guys destroy their opponents, they looked almost bored while doing it. I really thought one of them might break out into a yawn after landing one of several kicks to the head. It was an obvious reminder to keep things simple.

David
[/QUOTE]

i downloaded it again last nite Mr Hubbs. You are totally right. They did look bored. I couldn't stop laughing. I think the kung fu guys thought that they would be in for an easy time. God were they wrong!!lol
Posted by: Jim

Re: karate!!! - 12/03/03 02:46 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JKogas:
Kyokushinkai it is, and it was Oyama's creation. Those boys are always tough and balls out. My hat's off to them. Now if they'd just allow for throws and ground fighting we'd have real fighting.

-John
[/QUOTE]

Some friends of mine went to the German championships recently they said that there was an event along the lines you mention. Wasn't there so don't know the details. They did mention that they were padded up though.
Posted by: Bossman

Re: karate!!! - 12/03/03 02:51 PM

Steve Arniel 9th Dan Kyokushin is a friend of mine and I go to the European Knockdowns in October each year, when my server and web site are back up I'll give you the link to the interview I did with him. He was the first westerner to do the 100 man knockdown in Japan with Sosai Oyama.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: karate!!! - 12/06/03 05:12 PM

There is a theme developing on this post that I do not like...so the Karate guys beat the Kung Fu guys...does this mean Karate is better???--No!!!

Re: karate!!! - 12/06/03 07:38 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shotokan:
There is a theme developing on this post that I do not like...so the Karate guys beat the Kung Fu guys...does this mean Karate is better???--No!!![/QUOTE]

Pal we aint sayin that. just sayin that the one clip we watched showed KYokoshin (sorry 4 spellin) to kick ass against the Kung fu Stylists in this one occassion.

Seriously, it was funny as anything. (just this one clip though.)
Posted by: medulanet

Re: karate!!! - 12/06/03 11:21 PM

No Shotokan, it means that those particular kyokushin guys trained more alive than the kung fu guys, now if they would just learn BJJ and Boxing they would actually be able to fight an SBG guy.....Did I get it right Kogas. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: karate!!! - 12/07/03 12:37 PM

yeah yeah...you BJJ fans...BJJ is nothing more than any other martial art is....